• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

xmas party CUK article incorrect?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO that is just too thinly veiled. Just looks like a day out with the family to me. Why push it that far? You have worked out exactly how much you will be saving here haven't you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Yes.

Edit: or more precisely, yes the total cost per head would mean max £600 for 4 people, obviously, but there's no guarantee HMRC would consider a family day out to a motorsports event in the middle of Summer a company annual event. Do you do this on an annual recurring basis?
      We've been to the same event as the annual company do for the last 5 years. Not saying I would spend £600 on it, in fact costs have always come in well below £300. Just wondering whether next year we can go to the poo bar instead of taking my own butties

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Will they be laying on a conference room?
        Not for that price!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          IMO that is just too thinly veiled. Just looks like a day out with the family to me. Why push it that far? You have worked out exactly how much you will be saving here haven't you?
          Enough to afford an accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Enough to afford an accountant?
            I very much doubt it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never though of asking my accountant on financial issues. Why didn’t someone say?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernHarrier View Post
                Just wondering whether next year we can go to the poo bar instead of taking my own butties
                Hey, whatever does it for you, I'm not judging.

Comment

In our case our annual event is a Motorsports event in the summer. Both my wife and I are directors so budget is max £300. Our two boys always come so in theory could we count them as guests (one per director) and so increase the allowable budget to £600?
                  Why don't you throw the invitation open to any friends and family too.

If you invite enough, maybe the company would actually make a loss that year.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Why don't you throw the invitation open to any friends and family too.

If you invite enough, maybe the company would actually make a loss that year.

Like it - then I get a free day out and save on the corp. tax bill

Comment

Like it - then I get a free day out and save on the corp. tax bill
                      You catch on quick
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X