• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD - Whats going on there??!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    who could be bothered coming back to all this with £80m in their pocket
    And you think it is the real Simon Dolan here?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      And you think it is the real Simon Dolan here?

It is Simon as the investment posts clearly hint. And I suspect the answer for the second bit is a combination of boredom and providing work for people who have left sjd as its declined..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It is Simon as the investment posts clearly hint. And I suspect the answer for the second bit is a combination of boredom and providing work for people who have left sjd as its declined..
        Yep, its me. Why did I come back? Well, its a market I love - been in it since 1993. I get to start up again from scratch with all the accumulated knowledge, work with the best people I used to work with, and yes, build another successful business I hope.
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
          who could be bothered coming back to all this with £80m in their pocket
          once you realise money alone doesn't bring happiness you need to get back to doing something that actually fulfils you

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
            Yep, its me. Why did I come back? Well, its a market I love - been in it since 1993. I get to start up again from scratch with all the accumulated knowledge, work with the best people I used to work with, and yes, build another successful business I hope.
            Tell Simon we all wish him luck, I'm sure.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              once you realise money alone doesn't bring happiness you need to get back to doing something that actually fulfils you
              I never said it doesn't bring happiness!
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Tell Simon we all wish him luck, I'm sure.
                You looked a bit daft with the first comment but to have a second pop? Really?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Simon Dolan and AtW : we are spoiled with no fewer than two successful businessmen choosing to waste their time on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    I went off the Sovereign quoted figures and the basis that SJD’s revenues were 80% as did all reports at the time.

https://www.sovereigncapital.co.uk/o...ices/optionis/
                    Fair enough but it was misleading and now shown as bring incorrect. Having said that the subsequent purchase of Clearsky & Parasol will have taken their total investment in this sector to over £120 million.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X