• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning about 1st Online accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    Devil's advocate for In Touch/Contratax/Dynamo:
    - contractor wants to sign up with you month before year end.
    - year end passes, they chase you to do year end accounts promptly, which you do.
    - they leave, having maybe paid 2 months worth of fees.
    Whilst I appreciate you may not love the situation, you're saying you'd accept that with good grace as just the way things go?

FWIW we'd typically have a halfway house, defo wouldn't charge full fees (as SeanT suggests we wouldn't have been paying for the FreeAgent account, or giving any advice during that time), but would want some additional one off charge where a client joins near the end of the year. No set rule on this, but circa 50% for the "missing months".
    Our current offer is for no switcher fees so that is what that is.

We would always seek to assess the viability of a client in terms of how long they are likely to continue operating through a PSC for but, of course you cannot project for all possible outcomes.

If an individual took advantage of the no switcher fee offer and then left after, say two months then the question really would be whether we should have spotted that during the initial conversation.

If any such accounts were intended to be more of a "one off" piece of work then fees would absolutely be discussed as the no switcher fee offer is open to clients signing up to our core (monthly) package.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
      I've responded in line with the opinions above, and suggested £29.98 for four months would be an appropriate top up charge.
      Which they have agreed to. Yay! Thanks for your input

Comment

If they accept your first counter offer you stayed too high, HTH for the future

Comment

SeanT,

I'm a first timer and I'm looking to use 1st Online.

Would you recommend them above some others on here and if so, why?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rackers View Post
            SeanT,

Many thanks
            I can recommend Dynamo in Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rackers View Post
              SeanT,

Many thanks
              They are very cheap and if you are really just starting off others may be a better bet...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

< 4 weeks until my first year accounts are due, no response to my last comms...

Comment

< 4 weeks until my first year accounts are due, no response to my last comms...
                  This doesn't sound great, preparing and approving accounts in a rush when close to the deadline is always a risk for mistakes so should ideally be avoided, what is the reason for the delay considering you have 9 months deadline after year end?

Comment

Working...
                  X