• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Limited Company - No Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Limited Company - No Contract

Hello

I have been advised twice by two different agencies that their end client insists that any contractor is a 'PSC' they will not accept Umbrella company contractors.

This seems a little odd as any contract would be with the agency not the end client.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and does anyone know if it is legal/allowable for an end client to place this requirement?

Any business is generally free to determine who they do business with.

I'm surprised that the client cares how the agency deals with you, but if the agency won't accept you working through an umbrella then that is their decision to take.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Any business is generally free to determine who they do business with.

I'm surprised that the client cares how the agency deals with you, but if the agency won't accept you working through an umbrella then that is their decision to take.
      I suspect the client doesn't care but the agency doesn't want the hassle of ensuring that the umbrella is a legitimate one rather than the numerous cowboys who pretend to be legitimate umbrellas.

Remember that there are laws coming in from September 30th were in certain circumstances the agency and the agency's management and staff could be held criminally responsible. I suspect until that has played out over the next few months some agencies may be playing safe....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How long it takes to open a Limited Company in the UK?

Comment

Company

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          How long it takes to open a Limited Company in the UK?
          Less than 24 hours

Comment

Is this likely to be an inside or outside IR35 deal?

Comment

Working...
            X