• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy Online Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Accountancy Online Software

Hi,

Anyone here with SJD and using their new online software? I started playing with it today and tbh am not impressed. Seems like an absolute pain to use and also missing fields. Do not feel like I should be doing UAT for them at the price I am paying. Maybe it is me.

Anyone else using it and have thoughts on it?

Thanks!

They are ditching the spreadsheet? Simon will be spinning in the Mighty 38 when he finds that out.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Might be biased, but if it's the same one they was trying to implement whilst I was over there (Vantage) then I think the system is awful!

I believe they are giving clients the option of staying with the spreadsheet or using this online software.

Try FreeAgent and you won't look back!

Ps why don't they just put the spreadsheet on Google Sheets and class that as online software!

Comment

It seems they are ditching it. Today using it for the first time I was pretty horrified. I emailed my accountant and asked her to send me the latest spreadsheet as I am not too impressed and said I might use in tandem for a short while but tbh I think I would prefer to find a new accountant.

Could be Vantage. It looks like some crappy nonsense that a five year old knocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
          It seems they are ditching it. Today using it for the first time I was pretty horrified. I emailed my accountant and asked her to send me the latest spreadsheet as I am not too impressed and said I might use in tandem for a short while but tbh I think I would prefer to find a new accountant.

Could be Vantage. It looks like some crappy nonsense that a five year old knocked up.
          I have been 'testing' it for sometime, its ok and a little quirky in places.

Have you let your dedicated accountant know the areas you have had issues with. They made some changes based on my feedback.

Comment

I asked to stay with the spreadsheet. Part of the reason why is because you won't get copies of what you've been entering should you leave SJD in the future - not good. So you'll end up keeping something similar to the spreadsheet for your own records anyway AND populating the online version.

Comment

I will give feedback but not comfortable with it personally. I do not mind dual use for a while till I decide what I want from an accountant going forward.

Good point as this is making me want to move as I feel the detailed control I had will go with this software so yes I should probably use the spreadsheet in case I move accountants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                I will give feedback but not comfortable with it personally. I do not mind dual use for a while till I decide what I want from an accountant going forward.

Good point as this is making me want to move as I feel the detailed control I had will go with this software so yes I should probably use the spreadsheet in case I move accountants.
                Premium price should equal a premium service.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
                  Premium price should equal a premium service.
                  Would you say you price is about average Dan?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    They are ditching the spreadsheet? Simon will be spinning in the Mighty 38 when he finds that out.
                    Nah, they just use Microsoft Office Online instead now
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X