• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove a wife shareholder from a limited company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Like basically everything you both own the shares in the company are marital property. Check the matrimonial causes act.
    I see what you guys mean now, I have not thought about it that way.

Thanks all for the input!!

Comment

Originally posted by mickael28 View Post
      Hello,

My wife has been a shareholder on my ltd company for around 3 or 4 years on a 50:50 basis, with me being the only director. Things have not been going well for quite a few months and one never knows. Just to get some information before is too late, how can one remove a shareholder in this situation from the limited company?

Is it just a matter of both of us signing a paper and sending it to my accountant or similar? If so, which paper would that be to have a look?

Thank you!
      Ifeel that trying to remove her from the Ltd might not bode well if things are already strained. Cheaper to find a marriage counsellor.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Cheaper to find a marriage counsellor.
        I was thinking about giving that a go as well and see if things can change, although I doubt the problems would be permanently fixed TBH, it might just be a temporary patch, and we'll go back to this point in X months/years, but I might be wrong... we'll see.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          ...Cheaper to find a marriage counsellor.
          This. And the best time to go is before you can't stand the sight of each other any more.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            This. And the best time to go is before you can't stand the sight of each other any more.
            You mean walk out of the wedding reception before last orders?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You mean walk out of the wedding reception before last orders?
              The four stages of sex in a relationship.

Kitchen sex - you f**k everywhere, including the kitchen
              Bedroom sex - you f**k in the bedroom every so often
              Hallway sex - you walk past each other in the hallway and mutter "f**k you"
              Courtroom sex - she f**ks you in front of the judge
              First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

I am not a divorce lawyer, but if you do not have a pre-nup or another form of estate separation in place, she can go after all your assets, so starting a new company before getting a divorce is not going to save you. Start one after you get a divorce. But even then make sure you get a new client after you get a divorce, because if you "move" your current contract from the company you co-own to your new company, she can go after you claiming that you have diverted income on purpose.

Welcome to hell.
                You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
                  I have noticed you say this a lot. Agree its a valid avenue for him or her to use, but asking it on this site allows the 'many' to learn from some of the answers? what is the point of this forum if it is not to share and answer questions ?
                  I wonder how many hours you have spent typing the same stock response? Maybe you could have used this time more constructively as you seem to have a lot of knowledge in the contractor market.
                  Its for people to show off how important they think they are and get a bit of a stiffy abusing strangers on an internet forum.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Its for people to show off how important they think they are and get a bit of a stiffy abusing strangers on an internet forum.
                    <sigh>
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                      I am not a divorce lawyer, but if you do not have a pre-nup or another form of estate separation in place, she can go after all your assets, so starting a new company before getting a divorce is not going to save you. Start one after you get a divorce. But even then make sure you get a new client after you get a divorce, because if you "move" your current contract from the company you co-own to your new company, she can go after you claiming that you have diverted income on purpose.

Welcome to hell.
                      The important time is neither the nisi nor the absolute. It is formal settlement of the finances. It is probably wise to ensure this is done before the absolute. Otherwise it can be done years later and anything post divorce still has some relevance.

Comment

Working...
                      X