• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company closure fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company closure fees

Hi

I am looking to close my Limited company after 6 months of trading due to permanent employment, the accountant fees that I have been asked to pay seem a bit unreasonable. Just wanted to gain some clarification if the amount of £270 is normal when closing down a limited company?

Here is a break down of what the accountant needs to do for that amount

- Preparing and filing your cessation accounts and corporation tax return with HMRC

- Deregistering you for corporation tax, VAT and PAYE

- Striking your company off of the Companies House register

Many thanks.

Seems fair enough as you haven't paid for a full year yet. The cost of the accountant is a yearly one just split over months to help you. It's not pro rata so can't expect them to do the end stuff without paying plus the extra steps for the closing.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As NLUK says if you're paying monthly then really you're just paying an annual fee spread across 12 months which covers the cost of all the usual things like end of year accounts, advice, corporation tax return, possibly PAYE and VAT.

Therefore the fee quoted, which seems roughly equivalent to about 3 months of payments, to produce final accounts and assist with the closing down procedure seems about right.

Comment

Yup, afraid that sounds pretty good to me, for reasons stated by two posters above. Ltd Cos aren't a great tool for such short term gigs.

Comment

Working...
        X