• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Basic PAYE Tools

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic PAYE Tools

I need to send the basic paye tools to the accountant and can't find anywhere on how to do this?

Does anyone know a way of either sending it through an email or on a memory stick?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Hayes

PAYE tools?? Wot day? Doesn't your accountant have any ideas. Surely they've done this before?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your accountant should be using his or her own third party payroll software to file payroll.

I am pretty sure 99.9% of accountants do not use HMRC basic tools to file payroll each month!

Comment

Presumably the OP has been doing his own payroll using Basic PAYE Tools, and accountant either wants it to verify while preparing his accounts or OP is transferring the payroll responsibility to the accountant and accountant wants the BP Tools file to import into his own software.

In any event, I suspect you can just do a backup and then email the backup file to the accountant, and he can do a Restore in Basic PAYE Tools and he'll have it.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...guide_v4.1.pdf

Page 45 tells you how to create a backup of your PAYE file that you can send to your accountant.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Either way OP accountant should be able to advise how to do this. have you asked them OP ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Either way OP accountant should be able to advise how to do this. have you asked them OP ?
              There is a good chance OP accountant has never used the tools, I never have and it's new to me that they can be backed up and restored. Most accountants will be familiar with a heavyweight payroll package like moneysoft, sage or similar.

I suspect a set of PDF reports would satisfy OPs accountant; as I read OP they are sending data to accountant, accountant hasn't asked for it in that particular format - if someone sent us a Basic Tools backup I suspect we would flounder on what to do with it!

Comment

Working...
              X