• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New supercard is out (perfect for overseas purchases)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is indeed why the mk2 Supercard is useless. The clarity card is far better in that respect. The mk1 Supercard was great last year in Singapore and Oz.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      That is indeed why the mk2 Supercard is useless. The clarity card is far better in that respect. The mk1 Supercard was great last year in Singapore and Oz.
      When it works, it collects me points (and what to points make?)

But if it fails this time then I'll cancel the card and stick with Revolut. I also have the WeSwap card, but prefer Revolut - I only got WeSwap because they had a good referral scheme going and I got £10 extra for exchanging £50 to Euros plus an extra £5 for anyone that signed up (so did they).

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
        When it works, it collects me points (and what to points make?)

But if it fails this time then I'll cancel the card and stick with Revolut. I also have the WeSwap card, but prefer Revolut - I only got WeSwap because they had a good referral scheme going and I got £10 extra for exchanging £50 to Euros plus an extra £5 for anyone that signed up (so did they).
        I got AmEx air miles off the old style Supercard, but AmEx no longer cooperate with Supercard. Another reason it is useless to me now.

Comment

I got AmEx air miles off the old style Supercard, but AmEx no longer cooperate with Supercard. Another reason it is useless to me now.
          That was why I binned the curve card I sought earlier this year.

Amex took one look at wirecard's business model (they supply the cards to Curve, Supercard and others) and told them to fluff off.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            That was why I binned the curve card I sought earlier this year.

Amex took one look at wirecard's business model (they supply the cards to Curve, Supercard and others) and told them to fluff off.
            And Monzo too.

Comment

And Monzo too.
              Not quite. Monzo isn't a "prepayment card" attempting to transfer the charge to a linked credit card. With Monzo you can only spend money you've put in the account.

Yes it currently issues them from wirecard but they don't have the same methodology.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Not quite. Monzo isn't a "prepayment card" attempting to transfer the charge to a linked credit card. With Monzo you can only spend money you've put in the account.

Yes it currently issues them from wirecard but they don't have the same methodology.
                Probably safer when they have their own proper banking licence next year.

Comment

Signed up for Monzo so will compare it to using Revolut- when I get the Monzo card through...
                  Last edited by Spoiler; 19 October 2016, 14:46. Reason: Removed Monzo link

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
                    Halifax Clarity is better.
                    This is what i use. 0 charge for cash withdrawal from ATM and MasterCard exchange rates for foreign currency. And it's "proper" bank credit card.

Used it in couple of places in Spain and the canaries, France, Greece and Bulgaria. Worked 100% in stores and cash machines, including contactless.

Had to dispute one transaction where a hotel in Greece charged me twice on checkout as one of their card machines froze while doing the transaction so they had to use the backup resulting in double charging. UK based phone support dealt quickly with the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      This is what i use. 0 charge for cash withdrawal from ATM and MasterCard exchange rates for foreign currency. And it's "proper" bank credit card.

Used it in couple of places in Spain and the canaries, France, Greece and Bulgaria. Worked 100% in stores and cash machines, including contactless.

Had to dispute one transaction where a hotel in Greece charged me twice on checkout as one of their card machines froze while doing the transaction so they had to use the backup resulting in double charging. UK based phone support dealt quickly with the situation.
                      Doesn't a cash withdrawal on the card attract interest charges? I think it used to, but I've not used it in an ATM for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X