• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Safe Solutions sets a Record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe Solutions sets a Record

Sadly, it's for the greatest number of companies being taken into administration under one administrator, Nick Wood, working from Grant Thornton.

The scheme itself was entirely legal, but not if you don't pay the tax due on it. HMRC are bringing an £18m action under the Proceeds of Crime act. Needless to say, Wood is chasing payment from "the previous owners". Hope they have some savings left...

Ooops!
    Blog? What blog...?

malvolio,

Do you happen to have a source for this information that I can take a look at?

thanks in advance
    Regards,
    James

Lawspeed Limited
    Any views or opinions expressed herein may be solely those of the originator and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Lawspeed or its Directors. Copyright © Lawspeed Limited 2007

Comment

I heard from a very reliable source that the current owner of Safe Solutions is a close relative of one of the original owners who ran the blatant scam. I wonder will they remember to pay HMRC and everyone else this time?

Comment

Originally posted by lawspeed
        malvolio,

Do you happen to have a source for this information that I can take a look at?

thanks in advance
        Nicked from the Daily Mail today, it's in the Money Mail section, p89. I was going to copy in the link but I've been having internet problems - the ISP accidentally turned me off!!
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Money Mail link

Hi

If you manage to find the Money Mail link to this story I would be very interested to read it!!!

Thx
          TB
          Let's go to Italy

Comment

Is that your old mob Debbie?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Can't find it on Mail Online.

tulipe99 has it here:

Nick Wood, from Grant Thornton's said: "This appointment represents the largest ever single administration application by the number of UK companies involved. The challenge will be to investigate and apply innovative ways of managing the process to minimise costs and overall timing in order to provide HMRC with a successful multimillion pound return".
              Link to the article is bleow, you have to register with the site

http://www.shout99.com/contractors/s...id=40166&n=250
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Just realised they are about 5 mins from where I live. Anyone want any bricks lobbing through their windows...?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

A case of being too clever for your own good springs to mind.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    A case of being too clever for your own good springs to mind.
                    A case of being too stupid for your own good, rather. You put 864 companies into administration without paying taxes / VAT and you don't think HMRC will sit up and take notice ..............
                    TB
                    Let's go to Italy

Comment

Working...
                    X