• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Safe Solutions sets a Record"

Collapse

• Technically Blonde
    replied
    Sadly yes

Originally posted by Mordac
    Is that your old mob Debbie?
    The people that controlled Safe Solutions were the ones that bought out ITAccounting and ran it into the ground ............

Leave a comment:

• Technically Blonde
    replied
    Originally posted by pedro
    I heard from a very reliable source that the current owner of Safe Solutions is a close relative of one of the original owners who ran the blatant scam. I wonder will they remember to pay HMRC and everyone else this time?
    Don't suppose you can get much closer than wife!

Leave a comment:

• Technically Blonde
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    A case of being too clever for your own good springs to mind.
    A case of being too stupid for your own good, rather. You put 864 companies into administration without paying taxes / VAT and you don't think HMRC will sit up and take notice ..............

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    A case of being too clever for your own good springs to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Just realised they are about 5 mins from where I live. Anyone want any bricks lobbing through their windows...?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Can't find it on Mail Online.

tulipe99 has it here:

Nick Wood, from Grant Thornton's said: "This appointment represents the largest ever single administration application by the number of UK companies involved. The challenge will be to investigate and apply innovative ways of managing the process to minimise costs and overall timing in order to provide HMRC with a successful multimillion pound return".
    Link to the article is bleow, you have to register with the site

http://www.shout99.com/contractors/s...id=40166&n=250

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Is that your old mob Debbie?

Leave a comment:

• Technically Blonde
    replied
    Money Mail link

Hi

If you manage to find the Money Mail link to this story I would be very interested to read it!!!

Thx

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by lawspeed
    malvolio,

Do you happen to have a source for this information that I can take a look at?

thanks in advance
    Nicked from the Daily Mail today, it's in the Money Mail section, p89. I was going to copy in the link but I've been having internet problems - the ISP accidentally turned me off!!

Leave a comment:

• pedro
    replied
    I heard from a very reliable source that the current owner of Safe Solutions is a close relative of one of the original owners who ran the blatant scam. I wonder will they remember to pay HMRC and everyone else this time?

Leave a comment:

• lawspeed
    replied
    malvolio,

Do you happen to have a source for this information that I can take a look at?

thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    started a topic Safe Solutions sets a Record

Safe Solutions sets a Record

Sadly, it's for the greatest number of companies being taken into administration under one administrator, Nick Wood, working from Grant Thornton.

The scheme itself was entirely legal, but not if you don't pay the tax due on it. HMRC are bringing an £18m action under the Proceeds of Crime act. Needless to say, Wood is chasing payment from "the previous owners". Hope they have some savings left...

Ooops!

Working...
X