• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brookson bad experience, what next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    The IPSE reaction is interesting
    Indeed.

Comment

The IPSE reaction is predictable
      FTFY.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The IPSE reaction is interesting
        Yes - it's good to see a commitment that any member complaints, made via the appropriate channels, will be looked at carefully, with a personal commitment from a director to monitor the process for the member.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          FTFY.
          True and granted I have taken the moral high ground but it's still interesting to see they response.

You can tell everything about a person by who their friends are
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Yes - it's good to see a commitment that any member complaints, made via the appropriate channels, will be looked at carefully, with a personal commitment from a director to monitor the process for the member.
            see my reply above
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

True and granted I have taken the moral high ground but it's still interesting to see they response.

You can tell everything about a person by who their friends are
              Exactly.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

K&B Accountancy Group Referral

Many thanks for your suggestions. I’ve looked at Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and FreeAgent, and for some reason I feel like FreeAgent seemed to be the only one I could use and upload everything myself and make sense of it.

And it can do pretty much everything inc. SA and CT return calcs. Unfortunately it’s also the most of expensive of the lot without even taking into accountant having an accountant.

I think I am going to go with K&B Accountancy Group as they support FreeAgent and the person I spoke actually knew his stuff, although I am weary that he is the director and my actual direct accountant won’t be as knowledgeable. So think I will bite the bullet with K&B unless someone has any objections?

Also please PM if you’re with K&B Accountancy Group and have a referral you would like to send me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                  Many thanks for your suggestions. I’ve looked at Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and FreeAgent, and for some reason I feel like FreeAgent seemed to be the only one I could use and upload everything myself and make sense of it.

And it can do pretty much everything inc. SA and CT return calcs. Unfortunately it’s also the most of expensive of the lot without even taking into accountant having an accountant.

I think I am going to go with K&B Accountancy Group as they support FreeAgent and the person I spoke actually knew his stuff, although I am weary that he is the director and my actual direct accountant won’t be as knowledgeable. So think I will bite the bullet with K&B unless someone has any objections?

Also please PM if you’re with K&B Accountancy Group and have a referral you would like to send me!
                  Did you not think to try one of the accountants who are active in providing advice on here? And no, I don't mean me. Necessarily :-)

Comment

Good Morning Everyone

And firstly apologies for bumping a somewhat old thread.

After working 30+ years as an employee and having recently been made redundant, I found a position as a contractor, the contract is a minimum of a year but could well go into 2 or 3 years. This all happened very quickly for me and so I was recommended to go with Brooksons who set up my Ltd company for me, a business bank account and my accounting, and I have been contracting for just over 5 weeks. I now find myself questioning if I am to get value for money using Brookson as I don't feel I have so far, I have looked at Quickbooks and Freeagent who as I understand it are App led if you will and clearly a lot less cheaper.

My question is how easy would it be to transfer to a different accounting system, what would be involved and most importantly your or any recommendations, as I say all very new to this so do please excuse if I ask simple or too many questions, looking for advice and I'm hoping I have come to the right place.

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Sandshoesandgrandad View Post
                      Good Morning Everyone

And firstly apologies for bumping a somewhat old thread.

After working 30+ years as an employee and having recently been made redundant, I found a position as a contractor, the contract is a minimum of a year but could well go into 2 or 3 years. This all happened very quickly for me and so I was recommended to go with Brooksons who set up my Ltd company for me, a business bank account and my accounting, and I have been contracting for just over 5 weeks. I now find myself questioning if I am to get value for money using Brookson as I don't feel I have so far, I have looked at Quickbooks and Freeagent who as I understand it are App led if you will and clearly a lot less cheaper.

My question is how easy would it be to transfer to a different accounting system, what would be involved and most importantly your or any recommendations, as I say all very new to this so do please excuse if I ask simple or too many questions, looking for advice and I'm hoping I have come to the right place.

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Guys
                      Welcome to forum.

Apples and pears.

Brookson are an accountancy firm.

Quickbooks and FreeAgent are software packages.

You cannot really compare them.

Nothing to stop you shopping around with other accountants, there’s a directory on this site and a sticky thread at the top of this forum, and any half decent accountant will support your choice of software or make recommendations.

Good luck, there’s plenty of choice up there, and I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X