• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperately looking for excellent ltd accountants - any advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    You see what you wish to see.
    Probably But perhaps you do too?

Comment

But your view is only hear say anyway. It doesn't count.
      From personal experience: 2 months, 10 emails, 6 phone calls and even a couple of letters to get clearance/handover information from them. As a consequence, contractors VAT return and RTI submission was late.

And it's happened often enough for it not to be an isolated case.

Comment

The reason why you won't find anything on the IPSE forum is because despite me writing a long condemnation of the recent mailshot regarding the new partnership between IPSE and Brookson, I decided not to post it.
        As you have sort of pointed out, my observations have never, and I suspect, will never be taken seriously at IPSE.
        If you don't make any observations in the right place, then they won't be seen. And your concerns almost certainly won't be answered here by anyone who knows the information.

First hand experiences of members are always listened to and considered. But if you don't provide details of those experiences, then there is precious little that anyone can do about it.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Probably But perhaps you do too?
          I'm not incentivised to. Life's too short to be bothered frankly.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If you don't make any observations in the right place, then they won't be seen. And your concerns almost certainly won't be answered here by anyone who knows the information.

First hand experiences of members are always listened to and considered. But if you don't provide details of those experiences, then there is precious little that anyone can do about it.
            So, being shouted down and "put in your place" on multiple occasions doesn't count. You only get to kick a dog a couple of times, then it learns.

My last word in this thread.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Let's be frank here. Clearly IPSE's new relationship with Brooksons was not discussed with anyone who knew their history and background.

Think carefully before answering the above as the other answer to that statement is probably more damaging...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So, being shouted down and "put in your place" on multiple occasions doesn't count. You only get to kick a dog a couple of times, then it learns.

Don't worry. Their attitude to the T&S consultation was such that I had little choice but to do the survey to get the concrete details that IPSE's survey utterly failed to collect. Ironically for their survey all IPSE wanted was opinions not the concrete details TF now wants.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean that you've been shouted down and put in your place.

I've read every post that you've written on the IPSE forums, and I'd need a link to find what I would describe as a dog being kicked.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Ironically for their survey all IPSE wanted was opinions not the concrete details TF now wants.
                    That statement is factually incorrect.

There were various calls for specific examples of how the proposal would affect contractors, and a few people provided those details - you can read some of those in the response that IPSE put together to the consultation.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Yes, until recently I have recommended HL unreservedly and I still would for savers with fairly small amounts to invest. HL cost about the same as the IPSE scheme but (IMO) offers far more.

For savers with a significant chunk I suggest looking at Interactive Investor. I'm not going to recommend them as the rather hair shirt feel to them may not be everyone's cup of tea, but II are saving me over a £1000 per year compared to HL. For essentially the same thing.

If you're interested in this stuff, go and look at Fundmith's website. In particular, watch the video on the 2016 annual investor briefing. At 57 minutes in, Terry Smith (of Fundsmith) has interesting things to say about HL.
                      +1 for HL. Excellent UI and freely available advice. Not sure about them being cheaper though, they're one of the more expensive providers.

Comment

Working...
                      X