• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS review report required after contract amended based on recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS review report required after contract amended based on recommendations?

I had the contract paperwork sent across to them last week, and QDOS had made some recommendations on it for amends.

Discussed with agency and also the end client this week, and since the amends reflect the "to be working practices" anyway, they have agreed to all the recommendations and re-issued the paperwork.

My question is do I need to have a review done on this re-issued paperwork once again by QDOS (on the revised and amendments updated contract paperwork) and keep a pass certificate based on this with me?

I have sent it to them anyway 2 days back, but apparently QDOS are short-staffed and all in sick leave etc., and nobody is there to pick it up for review today.

As far as I have checked it, the revised paperwork has all of QDOS requested changes in it.
    Since I do not have the time until Monday to wait for a revised report, do you guys think its ok for me to accept the new role on Monday and move on or requst the client to change the start date to a date later to a date when I will receive the QDOS revised report (this might be difficult to do at this time)?

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    As far as I have checked it, the revised paperwork has all of QDOS requested changes in it.
    Since I do not have the time until Monday to wait for a revised report, do you guys think its ok for me to accept the new role on Monday and move on or requst the client to change the start date to a date later to a date when I will receive the QDOS revised report (this might be difficult to do at this time)?
    From a safety perspective I would probably try to delay until QDOS can provide confirmation that the changes are as requested. However, if there is a risk of losing the contract and the changes had been made exactly as requested by QDOS I would probably take the approach that the changes were as requested hence it's an educated guess that all will be ok.

It's a tough one though and only you know what level of risk you are comfortable taking. I'd usually recommend that if in doubt, take the safe approach.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
      From a safety perspective I would probably try to delay until QDOS can provide confirmation that the changes are as requested. However, if there is a risk of losing the contract and the changes had been made exactly as requested by QDOS I would probably take the approach that the changes were as requested hence it's an educated guess that all will be ok.

It's a tough one though and only you know what level of risk you are comfortable taking. I'd usually recommend that if in doubt, take the safe approach.
      Indeed. I always take the safe approach - i.e. take a QDOS revised report after changes made.
      But in this case, I have absolutely no time, and its very risky to ask the client at this time (afternoon Friday) to delay the start date to - who knows when?

I had sent it to QDOS 2 days back, and I kept sending emails in between chasing that particular person and also the team... but there were no replies back.

This morning I called them up and they say they are short staffed and can't do it as same day service although I told them i had already done the "initial" review of the paperwork on same day service, but willing to pay again for this revision review as same day service. But the lady said she could not help
      Someone should have told me that the person was off sick...and to be honest, pass it on to some other person in the team - should't they?
      2 days wasted - just sitting on it!

Seriously, I am so upset with QDOS this time around!

Not sure what is the right thing to do, but will wait until close of play today since i have made a request asking hem to help getting it done COP today if they can!

Comment

Ring QDOS and see if you can get a commitment to reply on Monday. Ring whoever and advise you've got a slight delay due to this and you'll be in Tuesday. They are hardly going to dump you and go for someone else just because of one day.. Crap happens all the time. They are probably handling their own holiday issues so it will be no biggie.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can you PM me your details?
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

What happens if QDOS give you a certificate and later HMRC say you are in IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
              What happens if QDOS give you a certificate and later HMRC say you are in IR35?
              You make sure you've bought QDOS's TLC35 product and let them prove HMRC is wrong on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Ring QDOS and see if you can get a commitment to reply on Monday. Ring whoever and advise you've got a slight delay due to this and you'll be in Tuesday. They are hardly going to dump you and go for someone else just because of one day.. Crap happens all the time. They are probably handling their own holiday issues so it will be no biggie.
                While I'd agree with you that the client isn't likely to dump the OP, it can make the start of any contract much less smooth than it needs to be so can put you in a bad light with the client before you've even started, particularly when working with other contractors who don't go through the IR35 contract review process who will just sign any old sh*t put in front of them.

Hopefully the person from QDOS who has subsequently replied to this thread will get some traction on the review.

Comment

Good point well made.

Comment

Thanks to all, and QDOS

Thanks guys, for being supporting with your replies so far - I have been on such a panic few hours since this morning

Thanks to QDOS too! They have now sent me the revised PASS certificate As usual, you guys rock!

Time to get on with my Software business, and have a cool weekend before I start the gig on Monday!
                    Wahoo!

Comment

Working...
                    X