• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS review report required after contract amended based on recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you contact QDOS directly (arguably the correct manner) - they can't commit to doing it for several days

If you complain about them on a public forum - it gets done in under an hour

I've learned a trick

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      So if you contact QDOS directly (arguably the correct manner) - they can't commit to doing it for several days

I've learned a trick
      Sadly that's the world in which we now live. Whoever shouts/complains loudest in the most public manner possible gets the result they desire...

Still - it's good the OP has got the result they require.

Comment

I've learned a trick
        I don't know if that is how it worked today

But, usually QDOS are pretty good at what they do... today was QUITE different.
        The tone of the lady there was also not good, in spite of me being on a very polite tone, asking if I could pay again for the revision review service etc., but she would't budge in her tone!
        So I had to say, OK and decided to bite my nails until evening to see if they will do it!

To be honest, I called up my client in the meantime and asked them if they could delay the gig for a day or two until i get the report... and they said they had complied with all the terms requested and said it is only correct for them to talk to QDOS as well to check why they are delaying the report and hence delaying the project as a consequence.
        The client came back to me saying they had spoken to QDOS directly and THEY confirmed to me that QDOS had approved the revision of the contract and I was going get the report soon from QDOS in an email with my results report

I could not thank my client enough too

Perhaps, between all theses chase ups (from me and my client), things have worked out

And who knows, possibly the complaints in the the forum helped too
        Last edited by Milkyway; 1 April 2016, 13:55.

Comment

I've learned a trick
          Actually no. OP didn't PM me, I don't know who he/she is and I had no influence whatsoever in the re-review being sent.

As I'm sure many will testify, we generally go out of our way to get things done when they're time sensitive at the contractor's end. We are a couple of staff down today though and there seems to be a noticeably higher number of people wanting very quick turnarounds.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
            Actually no. OP didn't PM me, I don't know who he/she is and I had no influence whatsoever in the re-review being sent.

As I'm sure many will testify, we generally go out of our way to get things done when they're time sensitive at the contractor's end. We are a couple of staff down today though and there seems to be a noticeably higher number of people wanting very quick turnarounds.
            Send them all a mail at 6pm saying APRIL FOOL!!!! Your review will be with you by COP Monday... Suckersssssssssssss
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
              I don't know if that is how it worked today

But, usually QDOS are pretty good at what they do... today was QUITE different.
              The tone of the lady there was also not good, in spite of me being on a very polite tone, asking if I could pay again for the revision review service etc., but she would't budge in her tone!
              So I had to say, OK and decided to bite my nails until evening to see if they will do it!

To be honest, I called up my client in the meantime and asked them if they could delay the gig for a day or two until i get the report... and they said they had complied with all the terms requested and said it is only correct for them to talk to QDOS as well to check why they are delaying the report and hence delaying the project as a consequence.
              The client came back to me saying they had spoken to QDOS directly and THEY confirmed to me that QDOS had approved the revision of the contract and I was going get the report soon from QDOS in an email with my results report

I could not thank my client enough too

Perhaps, between all theses chase ups (from me and my client), things have worked out

And who knows, possibly the complaints in the the forum helped too
              That's very good on the part of the client to engage with QDOS. So hopefully you'll get the email as promised (unless of course they were pulling a fast one).

Per one of my earlier posts in this thread many clients aren't that helpful and just view you as being difficult if you don't just sign the contract as they've got X other contractors on site who did.

Sorry but I don't think that's a good admission on the part of QDOS. Sure, people should get the turnaround time they have paid for and no doubt everyone wants the review completing now. Although historically I've found QDOS great, from experience over the last couple of years QDOS do seem to struggle with reviews at times.

Comment

Correct. I had not PM'd QDOS guy here in the forum.
                I spoke to them directly, and also had my client chase them directly too.

Lessons learnt here (if I may point out) for QDOS company (not for the guy here in the forum ) :

1. Look through the request to see if the requester has already paid for same day service and has been dealt with already with the initial report with recommendations AND then check if the incoming request is just a "review of the amends" request, and if so, accommodate it the same day (having regard to the start date of the gig) (or even ask for a charge to pay - i would not mind)

But not doing either, and simply showing a different / horrible tone when dealing with your customers is not good!

2. If someone dealing with the review is off sick, please first have an automated email reply system setup whereby you let know the customer that the reviewer is off sick and won't be available for few days, AND that someone else in the team will pick it up as continuation AND actually have a system whereby the email thread is passed on to some one else in the team who is available to pick it up.

There is no point in keeping silent for days together and not replying (when emails are being sent by the customer reminding on this) and still be not friendly to them when they call up and chase up with requests.

I have always priased songs about QDOS for their services, but this time it has been a really difficult experience.
                I am still yet to recover from my ordeal today... having to chase my client as well in all this ( at the 11th hour - i felt so silly)

It was so painful since it was not my bad planning... i planned it all so well 2 weeks well before sign off, so i had plenty of time for QDOS review, negotiations with client, amends, and re-review, etc.
                But a lot of that time that I had planned was eaten away by silence from QDOS for days together (in spite of the fact that its a chase up after amends on a same-day service purchased)

Anyway, i still have to say QDOS are one of the best out there from my experience - subject to drawbacks I have noticed as above.

My mind is completely blank today after all these phone calls etc... I need to go and watch a comedy movie or something to get me cheer up!

Comment

Working...
                X