• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Radio 4 Money Box on dividend tax, personal accounts etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Radio 4 Money Box on dividend tax, personal accounts etc

On now BBC - Radio 4 Money Box - Money Box Live: Tax and Self-Assess...

Presumably available on iPlayer later.

Update http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06ts7jq
    Last edited by pjclarke; 6 January 2016, 15:19.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

Presumably available on iPlayer later.
    They got a version for Android?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      iPlayer Radio for Android.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Have you tried doing a search?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Anyone able to post a quick summary? Not had a chance to get on iPlayer to listen.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            iPlayer Radio for Android.
            Doh... it was a play on words because it's got an 'i' in front of it so must be an Apple product... I fail. The cloak room is going to be sick of me turning up today but
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Anyone able to post a quick summary? Not had a chance to get on iPlayer to listen.
              Digital accounts are coming (0834 onwards with HMRC) - voluntarily for people, will be mandatory for companies.

1134 onwards - quarterly tax returns. HMRC are listening, but everyone has misunderstood what they are proposing. Most businesses already have all the information every month or quarter anyway so it's just a case of telling HMRC. There won't be much work to do because it'll be a case of checking the figures that HMRC already have from various sources - including banks (not sure how, or why, or what consent is required here though!)

Accountants afterwards said that compulsory digital accounts is very concerning, not everyone uses digital things. Yes, businesses keep records but this shows a fundamental lack of understanding in how some businesses operate (with examples). Another accountant said quarterly returns showed a "fundamental naivety" about it all - there are nearly 5 million micro businesses and HMRC are clearly not listening to them.

After that, there was a bit about dividend tax for a guy who owns the company, splits with his wife, pays £30k each in dividends each year, and what did it mean for him. He hadn't been using his company for a few years, only started using it properly recently, and it'll hit him.

Think that was about it.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X