• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life Insurance as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Insurance as a contractor

Quotes for life insurance is pretty affordable for people my age, around £15 per month for £300k (for my little brother) if I die.

I am considering signing up.

My question... can my business pay for this or do I?

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    Quotes for life insurance is pretty affordable for people my age, around £15 per month for £300k (for my little brother) if I die.

I am considering signing up.

My question... can my business pay for this or do I?
    LOL! Do you know what 'wholly and exclusively' means?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      LOL! Do you know what 'wholly and exclusively' means?
      Yep, I just don't want to "just assume" it's not possible. I'd like the confirmation.

Comment

Yourco can take out a 'relevant life' policy on you. IPSE do a very reasonable one.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

My only concern is that I pay IPSE £245.20 per year now and if I cancel my IPSE membership, my life insurance will be canceled too. And life insurance gets more expensive the older you are.

Comment

when I was on hold to contractor financials I am sure I heard them mention a company deductible one... no idea if it's any good like.

Comment

Yes you can. It's called a Relevant Life Policy. There aren't that many around so worth hunting for. The company can still pay for it if It's not the correct type of policy but it'll be a taxable bik.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                Yes you can. It's called a Relevant Life Policy. There aren't that many around so worth hunting for. The company can still pay for it if It's not the correct type of policy but it'll be a taxable bik.
                LOL! Well you learn something new every day!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                  Yep got one of those, 600k for me and 300k for the misus at less than a hundred notes a month.

Comment

The trouble with Life Insurance, I find, is that you're never able to claim on it....
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X