• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with discrimination as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    No I agree but as a contractor tulip happens. If you kick off then it'll likely mean the end of the gig. Maybe a bit unfair but thats life.
    Maybe I could provide a hit man service as a plan B?

Certainly you cannot do anything official.

Comment

No I agree but as a contractor tulip happens. If you kick off then it'll likely mean the end of the gig. Maybe a bit unfair but thats life.
      Since every situation of discrimination and tulip behaviour isn't exactly the same it doesn't mean your contract will end.

If you look at the 2 examples I posted earlier, in one the offender was removed, while in the other I decided to remove myself. In fact in that case removing myself was a good idea because the company went bust 5 months later...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Since every situation of discrimination and tulip behaviour isn't exactly the same it doesn't mean your contract will end.

If you look at the 2 examples I posted earlier, in one the offender was removed, while in the other I decided to remove myself. In fact in that case removing myself was a good idea because the company went bust 5 months later...
        That is very good news. Sadly it is the exception.

The company that went bust 5 months later - were you replaced by suity?

Comment

FTFY

Not at all. I will never be a 1k day person
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            That is very good news. Sadly it is the exception.

The company that went bust 5 months later - were you replaced by suity?
            Suity would have been too competent for them as he speaks and understands English, and tries to get things done.

They actually hired someone who couldn't speak reasonable English to work in English customer support. I've worked with a lot of foreign nationals including those with "bad" English and that was the only company that did that.

Comment

£1000 a day? I don't get that. Discrimination!
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Agreed. PC sees that as more money than him so should be more thankful. What he forgets is he is worth his rate, she is worth hers. The amount of money should not have a bearing on how badly you are treated. Its how much it costs for those skills. If you go down that route you could argue a 1k a day person should be treated with more respect than a 300 quid a day grunt.
                90% of the population would be financially happy to be a £300 a day 'grunt'.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  £1000 a day? I don't get that. Discrimination!
                  Life is not all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    90% of the population would be financially happy to be a £300 a day 'grunt'.
                    99% I reckon.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X