• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Igloo accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igloo accounting

beware of this company in Lincoln they were previosly called newwave accounting and before that were known as think accounting they have ripped a lot of hgv drivers off .

Originally posted by hgvtrucker View Post
    beware of this company in Lincoln they were previosly called newwave accounting and before that were known as think accounting they have ripped a lot of hgv drivers off .
    Oh.

Comment

Truckdrivers need accountants? I thought telling you what to carry, where and by when would be D&C so they are better off through an umbrella... Or do we really not want to start this discussion?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'll take the post at face value. OP, thanks for the heads up.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Truckdrivers need accountants? I thought telling you what to carry, where and by when would be D&C so they are better off through an umbrella.
          No. Independent truck drivers supply their own equipment (the truck) and determine their own hours, routes, stops etc etc. What goods to carry and the destinations are obviously decided by the customer but then, what on earth would you expect ?

It seems the CUK masochistic tendency strikes again, AYSYCOTBAC ?

Boo2

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
            No. Independent truck drivers supply their own equipment (the truck) and determine their own hours, routes, stops etc etc. What goods to carry and the destinations are obviously decided by the customer but then, what on earth would you expect ?
            The good ones do, my mate has been doing it for a hell of a lot of years.
            He said there all sorts of ways that keep getting you work. Nearly all of these things he has worked out by himself.

Funny thing is they suffer from something similar to ICT.
            Employers advertise in the Polish press, stick up 10 drivers in a house here and undercut the competition.
            My mate, also, reckons they also try and get an NI number here, so they can reclaim all the tax and NI when they get back to Poland.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              It seems the CUK masochistic tendency strikes again, AYSYCOTBAC ?

Boo2
              COTBAC because I post a light hearted comment on a fairly questionable post and don't know much (or care) about how truckers operate??

Good call sir

Comment

Watch the lunacy levels in the pro fora please chaps. Posts deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Watch the lunacy levels in the pro fora please chaps. Posts deleted.
                  Who the hell are you? Name vaguely rings a bell...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Who the hell are you? Name vaguely rings a bell...
                    Can't be a Mod. They would have moved it to general

Comment

Working...
                    X