• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EV Company Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can lease an i3 for £198+VAT per month. Why buy one? Still makes no sense to me, however. Better to buy a fully depreciated, well looked after motor with cash and pay down any debt (mortgage) than sink your readies into a financed depreciating asset.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      You can lease an i3 for £198+VAT per month. Why buy one? Still makes no sense to me, however. Better to buy a fully depreciated, well looked after motor with cash and pay down any debt (mortgage) than sink your readies into a financed depreciating asset.
      True but there is a hell of a difference between leasing a car for £240 a month and leasing a car at £600 a month with benefit in kind tax on top.

The most important thing with regard to cars is getting the car you want or can cope with against the cost of keeping it. Whether it's the rental cost or the final depreciation figure it best to keep that as low as possible.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        True but there is a hell of a difference between leasing a car for £240 a month and leasing a car at £600 a month with benefit in kind tax on top.
        the difference is 0-60 in 2.8 seconds!
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
          Yeah but if it doesn't make a lot of noise doing it doesn't count.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
            It's also not £600 a month with that option. Nearer £1000
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Yeah but if it doesn't make a lot of noise doing it doesn't count.
              True, people won't think you're a complete and utter tosser if it makes it to warp speed without it yelling out shiiiiiiiiiiiit heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad as some moron rags it through the gears.

Considering the state of the roads and congestion in the UK expensive mega fast cars seem rather silly. A comfortable place to be while sat in the traffic jams makes sense.

Comment

It does buts no fun. Now sitting there with a big V8 burbling and popping. Lovely.

It's a funny juxtaposition the more the more people hate a noisy car accelerating the the less the owner cares. He'll have a grin from ear to ear. That said there is a difference between someone enjoying the car and someone showing off for no apparent reason so I get that situation.

We are excluding the tosspots in loud souped up corsa and the like types of course.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  True, people won't think you're a complete and utter tosser if it makes it to warp speed
                  I believe the correct "Tesla" term is "ludicrous speed"

Comment

Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
                    I believe the correct "Tesla" term is "ludicrous speed"
                    Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Comment

just been talking to accountant and doing some sum's wouldn't mind 3rd opinion...

car cost circa £70K
                      with the capital write off of that in the first year, i am reducing corp tax by about £14K
                      so as a result i have £14K still in the company not taxable, to do with how i want....

getting it on finance through the company, monthly payments are circa £800
                      so i have £800 less profit and to pay myself divi's with
                      the impact of that £800 is reduced somewhat by no perssonal car finance, fuel, etc. (but not forgetting BIK tax)

but with the corp tax savings, i could compensate that by releasing that saved £14K as divi's at whatever rate i want (e.g £14K / 24 months or 12 months or whatever)

my maths is seeing that i am not much worse off in take home cash by doing this....in fact the more expensive car i get, the savings are greater due to the increased amount i am offsetting against corp tax (20% of cars initial value).
                      Last edited by portseven; 14 May 2016, 21:24.
                      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                      X