• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Accountant for IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Agree - two different interaction, but sometimes it's first impressions (which aren't always wise to follow).

It was Gorilla who reached out to me through their popup that determined how the communication would happen. If that popup interaction hadn't occurred, you're right - I would have phoned the number on the website as I did with Maslins and no doubt got a good response from them.

It was your feedback on Gorilla that was the main reason I picked them !
    I get all that and TBH you can't go wrong with either choice so no biggie really. I'm just a speak to people type. Pop or not I'd have called both rather than leaving it to them to call me. That's just my way I guess. Infuriates me when people come on here with problems and say 'I mailed them but...... '
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I get all that and TBH you can't go wrong with either choice so no biggie really. I'm just a speak to people type. Pop or not I'd have called both rather than leaving it to them to call me. That's just my way I guess. Infuriates me when people come on here with problems and say 'I mailed them but...... '
      If a company advertises email as a method of communication why shouldn't you expect a response?

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
        If a company advertises email as a method of communication why shouldn't you expect a response?
        Because it's too impersonal and put blockers in the way when you are trying to sort a problem out. Feel free and sit there looking and an empty inbox complaining they should be responding. That's not sorting your problem is it?

You've never ignored an email, or delayed a response for one reason or another? Ever?

Comment

Because it's too impersonal and put blockers in the way when you are trying to sort a problem out. Feel free and sit there looking and an empty inbox complaining they should be responding. That's not sorting your problem is it?

You've never ignored an email, or delayed a response for one reason or another? Ever?
          Put what you have just said in to the context of the debate...

If a company can't be bothered to respond to an email asking about using their services do they deserve to get the business?

Comment

But surely if an online chat person says they'll call you, you've a right to expect a call. It's quite a competitive market so not good marketing in my opinion. It'd make me think that they might not be as reliable as you'd like from a service provider.

I know that gorilla are good and quite responsive but they've dropped the ball here. Even if it's not representative of their service (I know it isn't) it's a bit of a cock up. They can't expect a prospective client to chase them for a response.

Comment

Can't argue with that one to be honest. That wasn't really the point I was making though.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 27 May 2016, 13:14.

Comment

Surely this is just spam ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spellbinder View Post
                  Surely this is just spam ?

It is, he's gone, and don't call me Shirley
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                    Maybe speak to another accountant there - Louisa posts on here and is normally around (she is my accountant) - if you aren't getting anywhere with the current contact then see if you can have another contact or move elsewhere.

I've not had any issues, but then I'm a dream client
                    Thanks missinggreenfields. I just started contracting in April and maybe I have asked too many questions as a new contractor which may have caused her to not respond to my questions. I have since spoken to someone else in the company and she has been very quick and answered most of my queries.

I did look at Gorillaccounting. Seems to charge the same as Intouch (if I use their address as my registered address) and also use free agents. I am a bit tempted to change or it's too early to do that? As only started my company in April.
                    Last edited by Kaych; 28 May 2016, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaych View Post
                      Thanks missinggreenfields. I just started contracting in April and maybe I have asked too many questions as a new contractor which may have caused her to not respond to my questions. I have since spoken to someone else in the company and she has been very quick and answered most of my queries.

I did look at Gorillaccounting. Seems to charge the same as Intouch (if I use their address as my registered address) and also use free agents. I am a bit tempted to change or it's too early to do that? As only started my company in April.
                      I am with Gorilla but i dont see why you need to change. InTouch are a good setup do shouldn't need to be changing. Maybe if you step up a bit and stop being a drain on their resources they might start treating you like normal again. That said I am sure InTouch isn't speaking to you because you ask too many questions.

But you've got to step-up. You shouldn't be asking them a raft of stupid questions that are already explained in guides and the like. We have a newbie section here, every question you can possibly think of will have been asked in the forums so use the search option as described in the FAQ section and use Google. You are legally responsible for your finances so time to pull your finger out.

Comment

Working...
                      X