• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone have both IPSE+ AND Qdos.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have both IPSE+ AND Qdos.

Does anyone have both IPSE+ AND Qdos?

I have QDOS already (all of the policies in there), but just reading up IPSE website, and thought to myself maybe it's worthwhile to get them as well.

Does anyone on here have both?
    What reasons did you have to get both?

Thanks.

I have IPSE+ And TLC35. There was some confusion a while ago that the two are slightly different. I have IPSE for other things so thought I'd shore it up with the QDOS offering. I could be wrong and both could deliver exactly the same benefits and I'm wasting money but IMO it's too cheapnto worry about.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It appears TF is the same.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...procedure.html

Two interesting threads on this might be worth a read...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...e-vs-qdos.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...g-vs-qdos.html
      Last edited by northernladuk; 13 October 2015, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I have IPSE+ And TLC35. There was some confusion a while ago that the two are slightly different. I have IPSE for other things so thought I'd shore it up with the QDOS offering. I could be wrong and both could deliver exactly the same benefits and I'm wasting money but IMO it's too cheapnto worry about.
        Cool. Indeed, looking at the price, it was a no brainier, so I am bought into the idea of buying it as well.
        My only thought was that in case of any need to use them, it is me who will have to choose from either one of them (in case of an overlapping bit) and I will not have enough info on who to involve in what bit, I.e. Whose expertise is better, etc.

Maybe I am being too paranoid, but that was one factor I was certainly confused about.

Or would it be that once I tell them I have both in the event of using them, they will talk amongst themselves and between them they themselves will decide who will own?

Comment

Don't see the harm in having both and like NLUK said, the IPSE cover encompasses additional things. I believe Qdos generally expect you to go through them first to handle any claims but you're best off asking them how they would deal with such a scenario.

Comment

If you have two insurances covering the same thing it is always going to mean problems when you actually need to use it. Both will always find a reason why the other insurance has to fork out and not them. So I don't see much added value in IPSE and have QDOS alone.

Comment

I have IPSE+ and QDOS (TLC35).....and now InTouch are in on the gig too, with their 'enhanced service' offering.

Two-way split? I laugh at you and raise you to 3....

(of course, they are not all the same, but the overlap is there)
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                I have IPSE+ and QDOS (TLC35).....and now InTouch are in on the gig too, with their 'enhanced service' offering.

Two-way split? I laugh at you and raise you to 3....

(of course, they are not all the same, but the overlap is there)
                I was going to mention this. I've been thinking about joining the IPSE. I already use InTouch for my accounting and they've now 'beefed up' their offering with the new £75K of fees covered for Tax/IR35 investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWebDev View Post
                  I was going to mention this. I've been thinking about joining the IPSE. I already use InTouch for my accounting and they've now 'beefed up' their offering with the new £75K of fees covered for Tax/IR35 investigations.
                  Why are you even thinking? Do they cover jury service, agents going bump and so on as well offer enough discounts at high street stores to be able to get your 240 quid back if you really wanted???

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why are you even thinking? Do they cover jury service, agents going bump and so on as well offer enough discounts at high street stores to be able to get your 240 quid back if you really wanted???
                    I totally get your point, I probably didn't explain clearly. I've been thinking about joining IPSE (most probably will), but the reason I was on this thread was to see what the differences were between the IPSE and QDOS offering, and where InTouch's new service crosses over.

Comment

Working...
                    X