• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unpaid Invoice - Breaking contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpaid Invoice - Breaking contract

Hello

I working through an agent who has not paid the invoice on time as per the contract.

Basically I had two outstanding timesheets which were authorised this week before the agents cut off time of Monday 10:30am for payment on Friday of the same week. However I checked today and only one has been paid. This is the second time it has happened.

As this is not according to the contract is the agent now in breach of the contract allowing me to approach the client and negotiate a new contract removing the agent.

Cheers

Late payment is not material breach. Get back in your box lol

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-contract.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Contact the agent and ask them why it wasn't paid. There may be a valid reason, but if you don't ask them you won't know.

We're only an Internet forum, we don't know your contract or your agent or why the payment wasn't made.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Late payment is not material breach. Get back in your box lol

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-contract.html
        Unless it's specified in the contract as a material breach.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Unless it's specified in the contract as a material breach.
          Indeed but it is very rare you will see this in a contract, particularly a contracting one and as it is supplied to us it is a given that it will be written in the agents favour so only an idiot would have a contract that give the contractor an out. Agents might be stupid but they do have their contracts checked to make sure they aren't liable for anything.

Even if it does it wouldn't be too hard to claim that late payment isn't really material and the clause shouldn't stand but it would have to go legal for that.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 9 October 2015, 11:19.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

LOL! Like someone thinks they can dump the agent (and presumably go direct, ho, ho!) because of a late payment.

I honestly wonder how some people cut it in the big bad contracting world, I really do.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Late payment is not material breach.
              Late payment is a material breach if the contract says it is. Mine do.

Boo2

Comment

Working...
              X