• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Request from agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request from agency

Got this from my agency - anyone had similar and what have you done? Looks like agency is making determination about the legal state of my ltd co. There is no name written in the contract so not sure this is something I must respond to.

As of this year all Intermediaries (agencies) must return details of all workers they place with clients where they don’t operate Pay As You Earn (PAYE) on the workers’ payments. These reports are required by HMRC on a quarterly basis and are mandatory. The requirements from HMRC include details on the company we have engaged with and also the details of the worker supplied. We have entered into a contract with your limited company and do not operate Pay As You Earn (PAYE) on the payments and therefore we are obligated to report on this company. As the worker supplied by your limited company we are also required to include details about you as set out in the guidelines.

As per the guidelines I can confirm that we are required to provide the follow details to HMRC concerning the worker:

Full legal name
    Date of birth
    Postal address with postcode

To enable us to report accurately on you as legally required by HMRC as the worker of your limited company we would ask that you reconfirm the above details to us so we can ensure that we hold full and accurate details for you.

I have included the link to HMRCs website with guidance on the requirements for your information as this confirms what information we are required to provide.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-and-penalties
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Its simple - HMRC insist that the agent doesnt deal with you unless you (the Ltd Company), provide details to identify you (Incorporation certificate, company reg. number, VAT if you are registered).
    HMRC also insist that you (tats you personally), provide identity details to the agent.

One computer talks to another computer and assuming your not telling porkies all will be good - you'll be in business...........

Comment

@OP - this is nothing new. All agencies are asking for this now.

In fact this is nothing at all, compared to what other agencies are asking ... like TEKSystems / Aston Frasor pimps:
      The link is here posted by one other member:
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...up-beware.html

One of the questions they ask is (in that thread): Are you planning to take dividends please? If so how much and when?

Thanks George and Co/Tories (if what these agencies are asking for is all legally required by some legislation)

I think its only time before they ask you to detail the size of your < I will leave it to you to imagine!>... and how many times you enjoy pleasure time with your Mrs per week...

Comment

Shame we've only just covered this yesterday and the existing post is on only 3 below this one.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ni-number.html

Doesn't this line kinda answer your own question?

As of this year all Intermediaries (agencies) must return details of all workers they place with clients where they don’t operate Pay As You Earn (PAYE) on the workers’ payments.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X