• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Untimely Dismissal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattius
    You guys are probably right that it is does not pay to be professional and inform clients of Security breaches and such the like and just keep your head down and get the timesheet signed.
    At least go about it the right way. Chances are the manager you spoke to was "in on it" - otherwise he would have thanked you, not accused you of stirring.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I suppose - as mentioned above - you could go to small claims and get a small amount of cash out of it. But then...its a small world...and you need to keep your rep. - so just move on.

I wonder if you claim a small loss on the books for the expenses of time put in to secure a contact which was withdrawn prior to start?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

There are certain things its right to blow the whistle on, fraud for example or illegal activities, but then that shouldn´t be done using an E-mail. If you go above the PM´s head to complain about the project, that´s pretty serious. That presumes that you think the PM isn´t competent, otherwise you would have gone to him, and so you´ve broken trust. If that´s the case how can you expect them to want to work with you ?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X