• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say No to Dividend Tax - Parliamentary Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Are they applying this retrospectively ?
    don't give them ideas!

(no)

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      don't give them ideas!

(no)

Then, in that case, why all this petition and all that malarkey ? Loophole has been closed, so move on and find another one. Cant be difficult.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Then, in that case, why all this petition and all that malarkey ? Loophole has been closed, so move on and find another one. Cant be difficult.
        what loophole is that?

Comment

what loophole is that?

Loophole of running a one man company ( disguised employee ), paying yourself minimum wage ( will you work in Mcdonalds for minimum wage?), paying the rest of the salary as dividends.

Comment

Loophole of running a one man company ( disguised employee ), paying yourself minimum wage ( will you work in Mcdonalds for minimum wage?), paying the rest of the salary as dividends.
            it doesn't actually close that "loophole" because it also affects mister shop owner who stays open 16 hours a day trying to grow his business, and mister supplier who buys £50k of stock and risks the buyer backing out - you know, the people who take proper business risk

closing the loophole would be "dividend tax to anyone taking dividends from a one man company (disguised employee)"

this is "dividend tax to anyone who receives dividends"

Comment

it doesn't actually close that "loophole" because it also affects mister shop owner who stays open 16 hours a day trying to grow his business, and mister supplier who buys £50k of stock and risks the buyer backing out - you know, the people who take proper business risk
              This is very true, but let's be honest, CUK members are not upset on behalf of hard-working shop-owners. It is self-interest, and then they're using this to make it look better. Which is exactly what the politicians do to justify their dodgy decisions. You're desperately looking for arguments which support your pocket, you couldn't give a crap about mister shop owner.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                This is very true, but let's be honest, CUK members are not upset on behalf of hard-working shop-owners. It is self-interest, and then they're using this to make it look better. Which is exactly what the politicians do to justify their dodgy decisions. You're desperately looking for arguments which support your pocket, you couldn't give a crap about mister shop owner.
                am i? I was just stating that it isnt a loophole closer, it's a revenue increaser without changing income tax NI or VAT

maybe at 7.5%, what about at 10%? 12.5%? 15%? What about if the 5k free limit reduces to zero?

it's not going to happen, but the time to challenge it is now, not when it's been introduced and they start creeping it up 1 or 2% per year

(I'm only playing devils advocate, I think we should all pay PAYE but no employers NI, which I think the div tax will align to in the near future)

edit: I'm also not signing the petition

Comment

closing the loophole would be "dividend tax to anyone taking dividends from a one man company (disguised employee)"

this is "dividend tax to anyone who receives dividends"

Doesnt matter who is genuinely affected, we are on contractor's forum and you are getting uppity about it. So lets look at your use case first. Your dividend loophole was closed, and its not retrospective. So why all this protest?

Comment

Doesnt matter who is genuinely affected, we are on contractor's forum and you are getting uppity about it. So lets look at your use case first. Your dividend loophole was closed, and its not retrospective. So why all this protest?
                    i was just reminding you that there are more people than bos contractors who pay themselves dividends, wasn't a protest... i'm all for it in the eyes of fairness (hence me not signing the petition)

Comment

Erm, I think people have the right to get a bit narked when they get hit with a 2k tax bill out of the blue.....

And it's not just this, its the T&S and IR35 issues (and possibly the BTL'ers). Some people are going to be quite understandably upset.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X