• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online accountant with good software portal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
    Hi css_jay99

If you look at the annual cost of the Freeagent subscription when paying for it yourself it may look quite expensive compared to the likes of Sage Instant etc., but you will probably have to update your sage at some point (Sage want you to do this every year obviously).

However, if you look at the cost of Freeagent when using an accountant who partners with them the cost normally comes down considerably. For example, we only charge an extra £10+VAT per month for the Freeagent subscription so in effect you are paying £120+VAT per year for this which is equivalent to your Sage Payroll costs.

We do have clients using Sage but they are becoming less and less with the majority of clients who stop Sage actually going on to Freeagent as they like the fact it can be accessed anywhere from any computer rather then just a stand alone version on one PC.

I would imagine any accountant can take a sage backup and generate a set of accounts from it!

Martin
    Contratax Ltd
    Ok that sound better.

Does that cover accounts & payroll?

I am still not fully sold on software's that I don't physically own which is why I have not moved away from the PC based sage products to a subscription based model

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      Ok that sound better.

Does that cover accounts & payroll?

I am still not fully sold on software's that I don't physically own which is why I have not moved away from the PC based sage products to a subscription based model
      Does what cover accounts & payroll? The £120+VAT? Unfortunately that doesn't, that's just the effective charge for the Freeagent subscription, we charge a total of £85+VAT per month to cover everything (accounts, payroll, VAT, Self Assessment, Freeagent Subscriptions etc.) which i'd say is about the going rate these days. You can definitely pay more than this and you will find it cheaper but that can be said about most things.

Some people are wary about relying on software you don't own, it is a risk but probably a very small one in my opinion. Depends on what works for you really.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
        Get with it grandad. Hope you aren't a SaaS consultant.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 26 January 2016, 16:42.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X