• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online accountant with good software portal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    I moved to FreeAgent at the beginning of the year and also moved accountants to Martin@Contratax who regularly posts help and advice on here.

Highly recommended and price wise was a lot more competitive than some of the others I spoke with

HTH
    But that's 2 fees, right? One for Contratax which I think is £75+VAT, and one for Freeagent which is 29+VAT. Probably brings it in line with most accountants who offer the whole package...

Comment

Originally posted by MrContractor85 View Post
      But that's 2 fees, right? One for Contratax which I think is £75+VAT, and one for Freeagent which is 29+VAT. Probably brings it in line with most accountants who offer the whole package...
      Hi MrContractor85

You are right, it is two fees, one to us and one to Freeagent but we actually alter our pricing structure if you use Freeagent. We drop the standard price down to £60+VAT to compensate for the fact that you are paying the Freeagent license on top of our fees which brings the total price down to £89+VAT which means we are still better value than most.

We are also looking to partner with Freeagent so that we can offer just one monthly fee to cover our service and the Freeagent license, negotiations are ongoing but we are hoping to offer the whole service to clients for £85+VAT per month.

Our web team are currently updating our website to give it a complete revamp which is why none of this is advertised as yet.

Hope this helps

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by MrContractor85 View Post
        I pay less than that, as I do my own bookkeeping, VAT returns and RTI which is a piece of piss with FreeAgent and so I only need EOY accounts and self assessment doing for myself and wife.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
          I pay less than that, as I do my own bookkeeping, VAT returns and RTI which is a piece of piss with FreeAgent and so I only need EOY accounts and self assessment doing for myself and wife.

HTH
          Don't forget end of year payroll submissions £400 penalties!

Comment

Originally posted by chriscomp View Post
            Accountant now selected. Thanks for all your suggestions. Went with provider that uses Free Agent in the end.
            I'm a freeagent convert. You can't go too wrong with it as a contractor. If you are a small business, Xero is the one to go for.

Comment

Highly recommend FreeAgent, everything you need in one place.

My current accountants BI Accountancy offer subscription in with their packages, and I have to say have been first class with their service and advice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by davewilliams View Post
                Highly recommend FreeAgent, everything you need in one place.

My current accountants, BI Accountants, and I have to say have been first class with their service and advice so far.
                Well you'll be the first to say that, perhaps you work there?
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  perhaps you work there?
                  Only on Mondays.

ps were not all that sad!

Is there something wrong with giving my service provider a bit of recognition?

Comment

FreeAgent software

Am I missing something here?.

I was thinking of giving freeAgent a try, but it seems to be a very expensive software!

£400+ yearly for a software!

I use sage instant account + instant payroll and I only have to pay about £120 yearly for Payroll software since the accounts software does not need updating.....

Do the mentioned accountants use sage?

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
                      Am I missing something here?.

I was thinking of giving freeAgent a try, but it seems to be a very expensive software!

£400+ yearly for a software!

I use sage instant account + instant payroll and I only have to pay about £120 yearly for Payroll software since the accounts software does not need updating.....

Do the mentioned accountants use sage?
                      Hi css_jay99

If you look at the annual cost of the Freeagent subscription when paying for it yourself it may look quite expensive compared to the likes of Sage Instant etc., but you will probably have to update your sage at some point (Sage want you to do this every year obviously).

However, if you look at the cost of Freeagent when using an accountant who partners with them the cost normally comes down considerably. For example, we only charge an extra £10+VAT per month for the Freeagent subscription so in effect you are paying £120+VAT per year for this which is equivalent to your Sage Payroll costs.

We do have clients using Sage but they are becoming less and less with the majority of clients who stop Sage actually going on to Freeagent as they like the fact it can be accessed anywhere from any computer rather then just a stand alone version on one PC.

I would imagine any accountant can take a sage backup and generate a set of accounts from it!

Martin
                      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X