• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The survey on the HMRC Consultation regarding Travel Expenses is up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Please respond to IPSE's consultation too - you don't need to be a member to do so.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/2015/tra...-want-hear-you
    This link doesn't link to the survey - it just goes to a generic news page.

On that page there is an item titled "Take part in our policy survey" but that includes a load of questions about the EU referendum & other stuff as well as the T&S proposals.

Do they have a survey solely concentrating on T&S?

If not, they're clearly not taking it seriously enough.
    Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 15 September 2015, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      This link doesn't link to the survey - it just goes to a generic news page.

On that page there is an item titled "Take part in our policy survey" but that includes a load of questions about the EU referendum & other stuff as well as the T&S proposals.

Do they have a survey solely concentrating on T&S?

If not, they're clearly not taking it seriously enough.
      The IPSE survey closed on 13 September - and it was changed to members only.

Comment

The IPSE survey closed on 13 September - and it was changed to members only.
        I still speak to other contractors who know nothing about these proposals & it would be good to be able to direct them somewhere where they can register their disapproval.

Perhaps there's an ePetition for this?

Comment

I still speak to other contractors who know nothing about these proposals & it would be good to be able to direct them somewhere where they can register their disapproval.

I work in a Department that has about 30 contractors. Most live within a 30 minute drive of the office. Most of them dont see the 'loss' of expenses as any great deal.

When I said well what about when you're not 30 minutes drive away and staying in a hotel \ B&B \ digs?

They looked at me as if Id grown 2 heads.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            I work in a Department that has about 30 contractors. Most live within a 30 minute drive of the office. Most of them dont see the 'loss' of expenses as any great deal.

When I said well what about when you're not 30 minutes drive away and staying in a hotel \ B&B \ digs?

Are they new contractors?

Oddly even the new contractors I spoke to worked in different locations as permies so understood about expenses.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

I've been in a place like that. Most were ex permies with a notable number of them that had never worked anywhere else. They won't care as most of them passed the 24 month threshold a number of years ago anyway. If there was a heaven on earth for HMRC this was it lol.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Anyone??
                  We had a survey running which has now closed which got 700 responses - if you and others would like to put something together to register your disapproval and the reasons why I'll be happy to add your comments to our consultation submission - you'll just need to do it quickly as there are only a few days before it closes. You can email me [email protected]
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

They could respond to the consultation directly.

Comment

They could respond to the consultation directly.
                      Yes. Or that
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X