• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get money out of an agency that claims to have 'problems'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get money out of an agency that claims to have 'problems'

I recently worked three weeks for an agency called La Fosse which are now claiming that they have problems that are preventing them from paying me.

This has been going on for a bit too long, and I would like to report them for either fraud or theft.
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do in situations like this?

There were a number of warning signs early on that I really should have picked up on, so it's not a surprise that they are now trying to avoid paying, and blaming everything but themselves.

Many thanks in advance from a first time poster.

Its not fraud, its not theft, at best its breach of contract, so calm your jets kiddo.

Going to the basics what does your contract say's? Usual "rules" are that its not late until its 30 days past due, then you can start a collection process, search "DUNNING" on here or Google. Also if you have lost faith in your agency have you withdrwan services from the client yet? If so do that ASAP stating agency problems, its better to have them on your side than ranting and raving if you just up and quit
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerbjrn View Post
      I recently worked three weeks for an agency called La Fosse which are now claiming that they have problems that are preventing them from paying me.

This has been going on for a bit too long, and I would like to report them for either fraud or theft.

There were a number of warning signs early on that I really should have picked up on, so it's not a surprise that they are now trying to avoid paying, and blaming everything but themselves.

What's the exact reason they give for not doing so?

Comment

These?

Meet The Team | La Fosse Associates

Are you certain you are a top 10% performer? (as that's who they focus on, apparently)

Perhaps try this:

Late Payment Calculator - Calculate interest on overdue invoices

Contractor late payment letters - free templates l debt recovery example and sample letter :: Contractor UK

Comment

At some point Safe Collection will pop up on this thread and tell you what to do.

Until then visit their site UK Debt Recovery | Debt Collection and follow their advice...
          Last edited by eek; 17 June 2015, 12:53.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Its not fraud, its not theft, at best its breach of contract, so calm your jets kiddo.

Going to the basics what does your contract say's? Usual "rules" are that its not late until its 30 days past due, then you can start a collection process, search "DUNNING" on here or Google. Also if you have lost faith in your agency have you withdrwan services from the client yet? If so do that ASAP stating agency problems, its better to have them on your side than ranting and raving if you just up and quit
            Thanks, I will search for that.
            I have finished with the client so that option is unfortunately not open to me.

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            What's the exact reason they give for not doing so?
            Apparently they have a problem paying into my bank account. A problem previous agencies and my current agency does not have.
            They also had a number of issues with their billing/timevsheet systems during my time with them, and I was the one having to chase them.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerbjrn View Post

Did you opt out? This should always, always be the first question asked (dependant upon the excuses offered by the agent)

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                These?

Meet The Team | La Fosse Associates

Are you certain you are a top 10% performer? (as that's who they focus on, apparently)

Perhaps try this:

Late Payment Calculator - Calculate interest on overdue invoices

Contractor late payment letters - free templates l debt recovery example and sample letter :: Contractor UK
                Hah hah, yes, that's them. I guess maybe I'm not... I can certainly say that they aren't a top 10% performer themselves...
                Thanks, I googled dunning (what a peculiar word) and found lots of interesting information.

Originally posted by eek View Post
                At some point Safe Collection will pop up on this thread and tell you what to do.

Until then visit they site UK Debt Recovery | Debt Collection and follow their advice...
                Thanks, after googling dunning I found a thread that seemed similar to my circumstances, and Safe Collect was mentioned.
                I'll give them one last warning, and then I guess I'll have to go down that route.

Comment

Are the client happy with your work? Are they paying the agency? Any other contractors you know at the same client/agent?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    Did you opt out? This should always, always be the first question asked (dependant upon the excuses offered by the agent)
                    Opt out of...?
                    The EU working directive? If so yes, otherwise I'm not sure what you mean...

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Are the client happy with your work? Are they paying the agency? Any other contractors you know at the same client/agent?
                    The client have paid the agency, timesheet was signed and all that. I was the only contractor working through them, and I don't know any other contractors working for the agency anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X