• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trading as

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading as

Simple question but I've seen both answers online so I'm hoping you experts can clarify.

If my Limited Co is called ABC Limited and I set up a business within this (say XYZ) then is it...

a) ABC Ltd trading as XYZ
    or
    b) XYZ trading as ABC Ltd?

Normally you put a but you can also put something like "XZY is a trading name of ABC ltd" I was going to give you a company I know who trades under a different name but they have changed their website.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Legal wording for Trading As Companies | UK Business Forums
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Normally you put a but you can also put something like "XZY is a trading name of ABC ltd" I was going to give you a company I know who trades under a different name but they have changed their website.
        Thanks Sue
        That was one of the articles I read but again, it's not exactly clear what the correct answer is.

Comment

I read in to that thread there isn't a correct one.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Its never (B) as XYZ is not trading as ABC Ltd? Plain English...

Either your (a) or XYZ is a trading name of ABC Ltd? as SueEllen suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
              Simple question but I've seen both answers online so I'm hoping you experts can clarify.

If my Limited Co is called ABC Limited and I set up a business within this (say XYZ) then is it...

a) ABC Ltd trading as XYZ
              or
              b) XYZ trading as ABC Ltd?
              Accordng to this :"Trading As" – Company and Business Names | The Company Warehouse Blog - Company Formation and Business Startup Advice

It becomes ABC Ltd trading as XYZ. Where XYZ is subject to the same restrictions as a regular company name.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

As NLUK indicated there is no correct way of doing it.

All people who find your business/who you invoice need to know is the company name and company number your trading name is registered under.

Crunch Accountancy linky do it the second way I mentioned.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X