• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure this still applies

after that came the pay the 4% and get it back if the scheme failed (when i joined) ..... the montp company that issued that was i believe put into administration - so if it fails i don't think anyone is getting that 4% back ... equally those very early adopters who would have owed mont p owe it to a company that i don't think exists any longer........ unless anyone knows better

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    That loan is only repayable if you don't pay any extra tax whatsoever (zero).

If a settlement involved paying an amount, no matter how small, then the 4% is not repayable.

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
      after that came the pay the 4% and get it back if the scheme failed (when i joined) ..... the montp company that issued that was i believe put into administration - so if it fails i don't think anyone is getting that 4% back ... equally those very early adopters who would have owed mont p owe it to a company that i don't think exists any longer........ unless anyone knows better
      Well, I haven't acknowledged I owe it and, 6 years have now past

Comment

not the point i am making

im not debating owing or beign owed - im just stating that i believe that company was wound up

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
        Well, I haven't acknowledged I owe it and, 6 years have now past

Comment

a dream

if hmrc say they will issue an APN within 1-8 weeks and they dont - any chance of arguing they are then not allowed to issue them ? ie does the letter sayng they are coming with a stated deadline set any legal deadline ?

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
            if hmrc say they will issue an APN within 1-8 weeks and they dont - any chance of arguing they are then not allowed to issue them ? ie does the letter sayng they are coming with a stated deadline set any legal deadline ?
            Yep that's a dream alright.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
              I think there's three words that strike fear into HMRC.

1) DR
              2) NTRT
              3) PCG/IPSE

...and NTRT's litigation and settlement strategy (LSS) which is only litigate where there is a 100% chance of success.
              Last edited by MMSguru; 24 March 2015, 06:22.
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

just sent a join ntrt email to a couple of people i know - one also has a relative in the film scheme so may help tap into that area

Comment

Subdued...

Hi all...the George thing sounds all very exciting, but I'm hugely skeptical having had raised hopes on too many occasions previously. My biggest disappointment was that, during the previous JR/Appeals etc on S58, the law at the time didn't seem to matter, and it was all 'public interest' and 'spirit of the legislation' nonsense. Hoping the tax tribunals will stick to facts and interpret the law and tax rules.

B.

Comment

re HMRC v Montpelier (#205)

Hi guys, I am one of the newcomers to NTRT, joined Friday and have sent a letter to my MP requesting a meeting, don't know when that will happen as I am sure he will use the upcoming election as a reason to be too busy !!

Anyway, what I wanted to ask was about thread #205, HMRC v Montpelier Tribunal Case.
                    Will this have any bearing on our case? If so will this entail a further delay whilst Montpelier goes through a further FTT,or does the fact that Montpelier appears to have won this case mean we will be automatically covered?

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks to all the major posters on here for the continuing updates / news / support. I am also glad to see that more people are now coming to their senses and joining NTRT. Additional donation sent! Will try to donate more in future, now I am back in work.

Comment

Working...
                      X