• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
    I think that any surplus cash should go towards the on-going case against individuals who brought this on us.
    +1

Absolutely!

These animals act with impunity, there is no downside, no comeuppance, nothing to stop them having another go at us later, or anyone else.

HMRC like to make examples out of people as a deterrent, we need to make examples out of them to give the next snivelling jobsworth pause for thought.

Comment

Over £350k

397 members signed up to TAA
      (Fighting fund - £357,300)

Please note

Any surplus cash at the end of the legal process will be re-distributed to people who signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
        +1
        I think that any surplus cash should go towards the on-going case against individuals who brought this on us.
        while i get the sentiment i have zero interst in spending good money on that ... it would be a totally wasted cause, i woudl rather give it to battersea dogs home ....

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
          while i get the sentiment i have zero interst in spending good money on that ... it would be a totally wasted cause, i woudl rather give it to battersea dogs home ....
          Yeah I agree elpinar, lets not throw good money after bad, for me just getting this sorted and out of my life would be enough

Comment

400 members signed up to TAA
            (Fighting fund - £360,000)

Please note

Any surplus cash at the end of the legal process will be re-distributed to people who signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              400 members signed up to TAA
              (Fighting fund - £360,000)

Please note

wow ...phenominal

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                I'd be up for that if there is a case to be bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
                  Yeah I agree elpinar, lets not throw good money after bad, for me just getting this sorted and out of my life would be enough
                  Perhaps a contributory reason we're in this predicament is because last time they abused their power, they weren't held to account?

And the next time, and the next time....

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

I should clarify, I'm not suggesting random accusations and renegade, angry vendetta behaviour for the sake of it, but rather where there has been a breach, highlighting that fact and taking personal legal action where at all possible.

If individuals have a case to answer, let's have them answer it, in court, under oath, after sweating on it for a few years.

Of course, my personal view is I may listen to some offers they may wish to make if they wanted to draw a line under all this right now...

Understand others may feel very differently.

Comment

DR has clearly stated what is going to happen with any funds surplus at the end of the process. Should those that want to see some form of retribution enacted against individuals choose to club together to finance that action then that is up to them. Personally, I agree with elpinar, it's a futile exercise. Plus there's a lot for us all to go through before any refund is due.

Comment

Working...
                      X