• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    If you're claiming mileage and not reclaiming fuel VAT then you are indeed wasting your time. All you need is a reasonable log of your journeys, the mode of transport and distance.
    Even on the flat rate scheme
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If it doesn't do what you want just roll it up. 20 days travel to client at 10 miles a day.
      This is what I do. I enter my mileage weekly so it's just 5x client site and then work out the combined return mileage. As others have said on flat rate there's no point receipting mileage as you can't do anything with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
        This is what I do. I enter my mileage weekly so it's just 5x client site and then work out the combined return mileage. As others have said on flat rate there's no point receipting mileage as you can't do anything with it.
        Wow you learn something new everyday. I keep all my receipts and log them all on an xls. I had never thought about the FRS

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
          Wow you learn something new everyday. I keep all my receipts and log them all on an xls. I had never thought about the FRS
          I'd like to see the guide that told you to do that.

You've got an accountant right?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I'd like to see the guide that told you to do that.

You've got an accountant right?
            There wasn't a guide that said it specifically ...i just take all the redeiots from my wallet once a month and take a scan of receipts in case they fade - my anal retentiveness strikes again

Haha, you KNOW i have an accountant

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
              There wasn't a guide that said it specifically ...i just take all the redeiots from my wallet once a month and take a scan of receipts in case they fade - my anal retentiveness strikes again

Haha, you KNOW i have an accountant
              Hee hee... So freeagent has saved you loads of time then. Double bargain!

Apps for scanning and storing receipts was discussed once but can't remember if there was anything decent. Anyway, if you don't need to it doesn't matter now. Happy days.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X