• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use Brooksons Accountants?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if they would notice if I cancelled the direct debit?!

Comment

Bless. This morning they asked me for the information I provided on 22 Feb. Hard to believe they could be so bad at what they do.

Comment

Bit confused by some posts in here. Is it a bit like "the wife" comments, where we all love a good moan, but also know they're not too bad so stick with who we're with?!

Comment

Not me - I'm off!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            We took a client from them about a month ago. Usual letter etc sent out to them. Completely ignored and they're still emailing client asking for monthly figures etc. hopeless.
            We have had exactly the same problem - we have migrated numerous clients recently with it taking in excess of 3 months to hand over VAT & PAYE. Although having said that they do quote up to 3 months to release documents after professional clearance expires which seems an unusually long time!
            We have started advising any potential clients of these timescales in order to manage expectations - we'd hate them to think it was us
            Talk to me.....

Comment

The last one we took over looked a right mess, so we got the client to tell Brookson to shut down the company and we opened a new clean one, so we had no handover worries at all re VAT, PAYE etc., but they still managed to foul up the cessation accounts and the client's tax return!

Comment

Can't speak to their service levels, but I met a bloke from Brooksons at an event last year and he was really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNorris@Crunch View Post
                  Can't speak to their service levels, but I met a bloke from Brooksons at an event last year and he was really nice.
                  And there we go I once got drunk with a partner from a firm of contractor accountants who get panned on here regularly - back in the days when Cater Allen had an entertainment budget. He was a nice guy.

All accountants, big or small, can drop the ball for a number of reasons. Clients, rightly, vote with feet. A firms star ascends, later it descends - same with banks, insurers, what ever.

Glass houses, stones, Etc.

Comment

Brooksons

Poor for me....ages to reply to emails and have also given me some very serious incorrect advice relating to my profession. Am about to submit a formal complaint and leave them.

Comment

Working...
                    X