• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone use Brooksons Accountants?"

Collapse

• julierosling
    replied
    Brooksons

Poor for me....ages to reply to emails and have also given me some very serious incorrect advice relating to my profession. Am about to submit a formal complaint and leave them.

Leave a comment:

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    Originally posted by JonNorris@Crunch View Post
    Can't speak to their service levels, but I met a bloke from Brooksons at an event last year and he was really nice.
    And there we go I once got drunk with a partner from a firm of contractor accountants who get panned on here regularly - back in the days when Cater Allen had an entertainment budget. He was a nice guy.

All accountants, big or small, can drop the ball for a number of reasons. Clients, rightly, vote with feet. A firms star ascends, later it descends - same with banks, insurers, what ever.

Glass houses, stones, Etc.

Leave a comment:

• JonNorris@Crunch
    replied
    Can't speak to their service levels, but I met a bloke from Brooksons at an event last year and he was really nice.

Leave a comment:

• philip@wellwoodhoyle
    replied
    The last one we took over looked a right mess, so we got the client to tell Brookson to shut down the company and we opened a new clean one, so we had no handover worries at all re VAT, PAYE etc., but they still managed to foul up the cessation accounts and the client's tax return!

Leave a comment:

• Charlotte at inniAccounts
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    We took a client from them about a month ago. Usual letter etc sent out to them. Completely ignored and they're still emailing client asking for monthly figures etc. hopeless.
    We have had exactly the same problem - we have migrated numerous clients recently with it taking in excess of 3 months to hand over VAT & PAYE. Although having said that they do quote up to 3 months to release documents after professional clearance expires which seems an unusually long time!
    We have started advising any potential clients of these timescales in order to manage expectations - we'd hate them to think it was us

Leave a comment:

• arby
    replied
    Not me - I'm off!

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Bit confused by some posts in here. Is it a bit like "the wife" comments, where we all love a good moan, but also know they're not too bad so stick with who we're with?!

Leave a comment:

• arby
    replied
    Bless. This morning they asked me for the information I provided on 22 Feb. Hard to believe they could be so bad at what they do.

Leave a comment:

• arby
    replied
    I wonder if they would notice if I cancelled the direct debit?!

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by arby View Post
    They've given my leaving email a stiff ignoring - no change there then.
    We took a client from them about a month ago. Usual letter etc sent out to them. Completely ignored and they're still emailing client asking for monthly figures etc. hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• arby
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Funny, sent Brooksons an email saying I was leaving , they called me within hours. If only they did that with my accounts queries, you know, the thing I pay them for, I might have stayed.
    They've given my leaving email a stiff ignoring - no change there then.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
    I'll help anyone who is a contractor or accountant. FreeAgent is a great piece of software which all should use.

Happy to speak to anyone...
    Hi daniel. Appreciate the offer. I'm 100% converted to FreeAgent. After years of mucking about with spreadsheets its a breath of fresh air.

Leave a comment:

• Dan@OrangeGenie
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    Was this not linked to the wrong poster? or are you offering to visit a competitor and offer him his own expert accountant..

Get in there Alan..
    I'll help anyone who is a contractor or accountant. FreeAgent is a great piece of software which all should use.

Happy to speak to anyone...

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Funny, sent Brooksons an email saying I was leaving , they called me within hours. If only they did that with my accounts queries, you know, the thing I pay them for, I might have stayed.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
    Happy to help! We support FreeAgent and provide you with your own expert accountant. We can come and meet you face to face for training on the software too...
    Was this not linked to the wrong poster? or are you offering to visit a competitor and offer him his own expert accountant..

Get in there Alan..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X