• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 query/Concern(Please Help)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dk2011 View Post
    In this forum i was suggested to Join IPSE+ . Does that protect me for IR35 as well. Could you please advise.
    Define "protect"

IPSE membership at any level will fund a tax investigation (whether that is S660, business records check, IR35...). They will not cover any fines etc. if you lose though, which is why I also have Qdos insurance.

In terms of the other benefits that you get from IPSE+ membership, I see membership as a no-brainer (even if you don't believe in the path that they are taking as an organisation).
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

IR35 - Advice

Hi All,
      I was a permanent employee for a consulting company XYZ and used to work for one of their client.
      I have left that job as I was looking to work as a contractor.
      Now I have got a contract offer for a different consultancy company (name removed to stop you getting spotted...) but their client is same and I'm working on the same project.
      For the time being I'm contracting through Umbrella company but would like to set up my own limited company.
      Is there any concern regarding IR35 in this case? Your help is highly appreciated.
      Thanks.

<admin note>I have removed the client name in case it comes back to bite you...</admin note>
      Initially looking at your issue raised. Yes there would potentially be a concern over IR35. HMRC look to see if a contractor was previously directly employed by their end user and, if so and more recently HMRC are more likely they will determine the contract is under IR35. We would have to look at the dates any potential conflicts in greater detail about your specific case.
      Last edited by cojak; 21 January 2015, 16:45. Reason: Removed the blatent advertising

Comment

Originally posted by AndyAccountingIT View Post
        Initially looking at your issue raised. Yes there would potentially be a concern over IR35. HMRC look to see if a contractor was previously directly employed by their end user and, if so and more recently HMRC are more likely they will determine the contract is under IR35. We would have to look at the dates any potential conflicts in greater detail about your specific case.
        I was never employed by the end user . Also , i'm not joining back the same company as contractor where i have worked as permanent employee.

Comment

Hi All,
          I was a permanent employee for a consulting company XYZ and used to work for one of their client.
          I have left that job as I was looking to work as a contractor.
          Now I have got a contract offer for a different consultancy company (name removed to stop you getting spotted...) but their client is same and I'm working on the same project.
          For the time being I'm contracting through Umbrella company but would like to set up my own limited company.
          Is there any concern regarding IR35 in this case? Your help is highly appreciated.
          Thanks.

<admin note>I have removed the client name in case it comes back to bite you...</admin note>
          I think there could be an IR35 issue here if this is the OP's first contract since leaving permanent employment - even though the agencies/consultancies are different he's working at the same client and job spec is the same
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Also the end client might not be happy to see you back if you rock up for another company, having flounced off from the 1st supplier - they might tell me company they don't want you

Comment

Working...
            X