• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cycle to work scheme question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I also might go shopping...cheers MyCo
    Clarity is everything

Comment

any guidance on what constitutes a cycle?
      i'm thinking one of these would be perfect commuter cycle AirWheel Q5 | AirWheel Official Site | Self Balancing Electric Unicycle

ETA answered my own question...
      "The tax exemption defines a “cycle” as ‘a bicycle, a tricycle, or a cycle having four or more wheels, not being in any case a motor vehicle’ (192(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c.52)). An electrically assisted pedal cycle can be included under the scheme."

well it has two wheels and pedals
      Last edited by deebeegee; 15 January 2015, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by deebeegee View Post
        any guidance on what constitutes a cycle?
        i'm thinking one of these would be perfect commuter cycle AirWheel Q5 | AirWheel Official Site | Self Balancing Electric Unicycle
        Under the C2W scheme:

Eligible equipment includes cycles and cyclists' safety equipment. The tax exemption defines a "cycle" as 'a bicycle, a tricycle, or a cycle having four or more wheels, not being in any case a motor vehicle' (192(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c.52)). An electrically assisted pedal cycle can be included under the scheme.
        Likewise, for the general tax exemption has the same meaning as above:

In this section “cycle” has the meaning given by section 192(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52), and “cyclist” has a corresponding meaning.
        http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/1/section/244
        Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 15 January 2015, 16:56.

Comment

Working...
        X