• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Data protection issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Just send a stiff email or phone them up to highlight the issue/principle. Sounds a trivial oversight to me, not something to start bleating about "serious data policy breach".
    Agreed, totally trivial oversight, I think the OP expects someone to resign over it or a police investigation

Comment

Originally posted by hallb5 View Post
      Hello
      Bit of advice for a newbie please��

My wife is a shareholder in my company but not an employee or director. My online accountants sent me my usual remittance email (including salary and expenses) but for no reason have copied my wife's email in. I have queried it and they are likely to respond tomorrow.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed, this a clear breach of my personal information as I have never requested this before. This is clearly a serious matter but not sure what to do. I just don't want to let them off with this as it is a serious violation in my eyes of my data protection.

Thanks
      Employees’ personal data should be kept safe, secure and up to date by an employer.
      Data an employer can keep about an employee includes:

1. Name
      2. Address
      3. Date of birth
      4. Sex
      5. Education and qualifications
      6. Work experience
      7. National Insurance number
      8. Tax code
      9. Details of any known disability
      10. Emergency contact details

If you think your data has been misused or that the organisation holding it hasn’t kept it secure, you should contact them and tell them.

Employment Law Solicitors can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data.
      Last edited by cojak; 27 December 2014, 10:54. Reason: Removed the blatant advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by KateSteele View Post
        Employees’ personal data should be kept safe, secure and up to date by an employer.
        Data an employer can keep about an employee includes:

1. Name
        2. Address
        3. Date of birth
        4. Sex
        5. Education and qualifications
        6. Work experience
        7. National Insurance number
        8. Tax code
        9. Details of any known disability
        10. Emergency contact details

If you think your data has been misused or that the organisation holding it hasn’t kept it secure, you should contact them and tell them.

Employment Law Solicitors can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data.
        No employee's involved here, so no relevance for employment law.

If you are the Kate Steele from Capsticks solicitors you should go have a read of the site T&C's.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X