• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Action by Employment Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    Had a chat with their solicitors. They point of breach according to them is following (which is part of Schedule)

Acceptance of this agreement warrants that the consultancy staff will commence work on the date agreed herein and will deliver the services in accordance with this schedule of consultancy services.

He said, if I had gone to the client the first day and handed in my notice, wouldnt have been a problem. But since I terminated before starting, that's why they are claiming for damages.
    They believe you have breached the contract because you committed to starting and then didn't, even though you gave notice in line with the contract. If you had started and then given notice, then they wouldn't be claiming breach.

Speak to a professional now and see what they say regarding whether you breached the contract or not. Make clear the point that their solicitor is making, and see what they say.

I don't think it's a breach, but I'm not a lawyer, so am quite happy to be proven completely wrong here. You're now at the stage where a 30 minute chat with a professional will let you know whether you'd win or not, and from there you can work out your fight / defence,
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
    X