• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ministry of Justice role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
    Good morning

I am filling a CLOne Tax Assurance Evidence, and I am a bit confused about how to fill it - first time doing it, I've been on the private sector before...

I took the BET test and I am medium risk. I got the contract through an agency, which is the one that will be paying my invoices (I won't be paid directly by MoJ). I won't be on their payroll. I don't have a certificate from HMRC confirming I am out of scope for IR35, so my question is: should I tick the "Fully IR35 compliant" box? I am outside of IR35, as I have other work going on in parallel with the job I will be doing for the MoJ (and I took another IR35 test online with more questions and it said that my risk is low). The agent told me it's not relevant and that if something happens I just have to prove that I'm outside IR35. My issue is that I don't wanna send something to them saying I'm fully IR35 compliant and then telling my accountant that I am outside of IR35 in order to process the invoices.

I've had a quick look at the forums and I couldn't find an answer. If this has already been explained, could someone please send me a link/point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot
    C
    IPSe have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes on this whole issue. Word is that MoJ are opting out of using this form for Ltd Co contracts and have told Capita to stop using it. I suggest you go back the agency for them to get confirmation from MoJ that it is needed.

If you're an IPSe member ( and if not, why not? ) there's a discussion on it on their forums led by the guy who's been fighting this battle with CCS. A positive contract review from a recognised authority (QDOS, B&C, Accountax, whoever) should suffice.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      IPSe have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes on this whole issue. Word is that MoJ are opting out of using this form for Ltd Co contracts and have told Capita to stop using it. I suggest you go back the agency for them to get confirmation from MoJ that it is needed.

If you're an IPSe member ( and if not, why not? ) there's a discussion on it on their forums led by the guy who's been fighting this battle with CCS. A positive contract review from a recognised authority (QDOS, B&C, Accountax, whoever) should suffice.
      thanks a lot. Apparently, at the moment, Capita is still asking for it. Not sure if MoJ will need that or not though...I am a + member of IPSE and have an IR35 insurance with QDOS, so I will get the contract reviewed asap.

thanks a lot
      C

Comment

Working...
      X