• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking the rules - How do people get away with it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look up their company names on a company check site and dob them in to HMRC. You'll get a percentage of the recovered tax.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Look up their company names on a company check site and dob them in to HMRC. You'll get a percentage of the recovered tax.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No, wouldnt do that.

MP's fiddled their expenses for many years and just got a slap on the wrist.... whats good for the goose ;-)

Comment

NLUK is havin' a larf...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            NLUK is havin' a larf...
            Kind of yes and no. You can get cash rewards depending on the amount of tax recovered for dobbing people in. 72000 have done it in the last 12 months.

HMRC tax evasion hotline receives 72,000 calls - FT.com
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I all comes down to "Can you prove It's a genuine Business expense if (when) your investigated?"
              If you think your company needs 2 Alienware Laptops with GTX 780ti then fill your boots!

Comment

I had a contractor colleague who had been claiming for the same daily journey for 4 years. He knew about the 24 month rule but was claiming 'because I want to'.

Comment

Kind of yes and no. You can get cash rewards depending on the amount of tax recovered for dobbing people in. 72000 have done it in the last 12 months.

HMRC tax evasion hotline receives 72,000 calls - FT.com
                  The amount of moody schemes I knock back, this could net me a small fortune.
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                  X