• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to clean a filthy mouse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw a fella the other day using a Tulip mouse, and i don't mean it was s**t i mean a mouse with tulip written on it, what year did they cease trading worked ok as long as you didn't want to use the scroll wheel as it didn't have one

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I should have prefaced my question with "this is Technical, no stupid replies"
      Meh, once you add in the cost of buying new torx screw drivers, and isopropyl and remember to account for your hourly rate it's probably not cost effective to clean it. There's one here for £24.30.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

WUAS. Not a stupid reply when you factor in your time to do it. Just chuck it away and get a new one. Or live with the crud. Plus my experiences of taking things like this apart never go quite to plan. Something always buggers up and I end up having to buy a new one anyway

Comment

Factoring in your hourly rate only matters if you're doing it in work time. And even then I reckon 5min of my time doesn't bill at the £40 a good mouse costs.

Throwing something away simply because it's a bit mucky - it doesn't NEED cleaning, I would just prefer it be cleaner - is idiotic IMO.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Factoring in your hourly rate only matters if you're doing it in work time. And even then I reckon 5min of my time doesn't bill at the £40 a good mouse costs.

Throwing something away simply because it's a bit mucky - it doesn't NEED cleaning, I would just prefer it be cleaner - is idiotic IMO.
            Cleaning something that doesn't need cleaning is a bit idiotic IMO

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Cleaning something that doesn't need cleaning is a bit idiotic IMO
              You don't need to shower, your car doesn't need to be washed... aesthetics defy rationality.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I probably have the same MS mouse as you do, had it for years and quite like as you can get used to anything. Scrape of a nail to get the crud off every coupla weeks keeps it working fine. I'm not worried about the micro life that might be having their own wee ecosystem on it as my keyboard is way filthier than my mouse.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                X