• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    It's just a phase sweetheart - you just need a bit of motivation - you will be grand.

I think you are probably too creative
    I hope so - I hope that's what it is, and not just me being apathetic/lazy. How does one get re-motivated? (apart from thinking of the cash, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      I hope so - I hope that's what it is, and not just me being apathetic/lazy. How does one get re-motivated? (apart from thinking of the cash, of course)
      Throwing yourself into some piece of work helps, unfortunately someties you don't have anything meaty enough to lose yourself in.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Ooh, I'm being hugged by the girls today. Brilliant.

Comment

Ooh, I'm being hugged by the girls today. Brilliant.
          It's cos we like to cheer you up sweetpea
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I got my first century 111400
            Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
            "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
            Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

I think this could just be a phase. One person at the weekend said I should count my blessings having such a good contract in a major firm, and that some people would kill for the opportunity...

But all I see around me is a sea of grey, bland, boring corporate suits in a grey, bland, dull-as-dishwater office doing pointless repetitive tasks. I feel like an extra in the film Cypher.

Am I being stupid or is this just life? I was in a meeting the other day where one guy spoke 'management BS' fluently for a good half-hour while my eyes glazed over, I lost all will to live, I just couldn't have been less interested.

It's dangerous when you're *this* close to saying 'I really honestly couldn't give less of a toss' out loud.

I often feel this way too, I did wonder if it was mild depression, but then I figured that depression was probably felt withour reason, rather than the very real reason that I'm stuck in a dead-end contract in a dead-end city in a dead-end market.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                I often feel this way too, I did wonder if it was mild depression, but then I figured that depression was probably felt withour reason, rather than the very real reason that I'm stuck in a dead-end contract in a dead-end city in a dead-end market.

Norwich?

Comment

I think this could just be a phase. One person at the weekend said I should count my blessings having such a good contract in a major firm, and that some people would kill for the opportunity...

But all I see around me is a sea of grey, bland, boring corporate suits in a grey, bland, dull-as-dishwater office doing pointless repetitive tasks. I feel like an extra in the film Cypher.

Am I being stupid or is this just life? I was in a meeting the other day where one guy spoke 'management BS' fluently for a good half-hour while my eyes glazed over, I lost all will to live, I just couldn't have been less interested.

It's dangerous when you're *this* close to saying 'I really honestly couldn't give less of a toss' out loud.
                  Are you doing any creative stuff RH, for diversion?

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
                    I got my first century 111400

Comment

Kali

got
                      a

!!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment