• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bbq chicken and salad wrap.
    muller light strawberry yogurt
    can of diet coke

I might go and make a brew in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      What channel are you on?
      In a fit of pure insanity I was listening to "You & Yours" or whatever they call that whinging programme at 12:15 on R4 on weekdays.

Purely because it was full of whining snowdrops on about university & stuff.

This: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b090vd7k

Dear Deity, I'm glad I don't install doors for a living.

It's finally more (or less) hung properly following various bits of shim & cardboard & such like.

The screws have been in & out of the jamb so often that I've had to use ones twice the original length.

Fecking 1930s houses.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 15 August 2017, 14:22.

Comment

I eventually ate noodles...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I eventually ate noodles...
          Is that a euphemism?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Home!

Jolly good run each way today

I'll still be glad when it's done, though. Twenty more working days…

Comment

I ate Noodles liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Followed by poached Atlantic salmon, which was very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Home!

Six weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Six weeks?
                  Six more after this one. The agency does that weird thing of saying a week ends on a Sunday, despite the fact that it clearly begins then, so the official end date on the contract is 1st October. In reality, barring any unusual occurrences, that means I should finish on 28th September

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Home!

9 more here. (+10 on a call off between September and Christmas)

Comment

Last night, I saw a tweet about a conference organised by Mozilla in London in October. The lineup looked good, so I (or rather MyCo) bought a ticket.

I went to the Wallet app on my iPhone to check if the ticket had automagically appeared there… and found that it had, but I also had a ticket for a conference in September that I'd completely forgotten buying two or three months ago

With ffconf in Brighton also coming up in November, I'm going to be comparatively busy for the next three months

Comment

Working...
                      X