• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all clear blue skies here, pleasant dog walk although there is a stiff breeze at higher altitudes
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Looks like tomorrow morning's threatened snow has been downgraded to rain and general chilliness

Goodnight all
      Lucky bastard! I've just spent 2 hours to get a total of 7 miles. That includes a bloody good start to go via Brighouse, only to be turned around by the feds due to an accident. When I gave up on the commute idea, it took me ten minutes to be back in the house. It seems like every major route in West Yorkshire is borked.

Comment

And now i'm stuck in the house with bacon, but no bread

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          And now i'm stuck in the house with bacon, but no bread
          Could be worse - you might have... NO BACON

Comment

I knew there's be a positive angle identified in tpd.

I do have a solitary wrap lurking in the fridge, some lettuce and tomato so I may be able to salvage the situation yet. It's not the bacon, mushroom and brown sauce option i'd ideally have, but we need to be flexible in these circumstances.

Comment

I knew there's be a positive angle identified in tpd.

I do have a solitary wrap lurking in the fridge, some lettuce and tomato so I may be able to salvage the situation yet. It's not the bacon, mushroom and brown sauce option i'd ideally have, but we need to be flexible in these circumstances.
              Have you got eggs & cream?

Comment

Eggs, but no cream.

Comment

Eggs, but no cream.
                  Any cheese?

OK, this won't be perfect, but it will be a start...
                  Cook the bacon in a frying pan until it is crisp then remove it.
                  Using the same pan with a bit of butter in it, crack 2-3 eggs into it as if you were frying them. Get a wooden spoon and stir the whites, taking care not to break the yolks. Once the whites are well enough cooked, take the pan off the heat and break the yolks, mixing everything up nicely. If you had cream you'd add it now. Without cream, either add a small splash of milk and a knob of butter, or a good sprinkling of cheese.

Pour that onto a plate, stick the crispy bacon on top, and Robert is married to your Aunt.

Comment

Any recipe which has a knob and a shrinking as units of measurement is good enough for me. I shall give it a whirl.

Comment

Any recipe which has a knob and a shrinking as units of measurement is good enough for me. I shall give it a whirl.
                      DYAC, it has now been changed to "sprinkling"

Comment

Working...
                      X