• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some chicken thighs when shopping, intending to make a casserole tomorrow. Now a friend has invited me round to Sunday dinner with him and his wife, but it turns out the chicken needs to be cooked before Tuesday; and as I've mentioned before, my fridge is a bit unreliable on the temperature front, leading to me usually knocking a day off for various perishable things, particularly chicken.

Which is why I'm now casseroling chicken at ten o'clock on a Saturday night

On the bright side, the flavours should have developed beautifully by the time I eat it on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Found a groovy watch in mother's bedside table

Bit like this - similar condition (scratched!) but no box.

Not worth much, but lovely design and apparently first radio watch.
      ZeitPater was most concerned about his watch when he collapsed.

It's one of those new fangled radio controlled ones.

I brought it home from the hospital along with the clothes they cut off him.

And it's sat on the candlestick in the living room ever since.

I suppose it's waiting for him to need it again.

Ho hum.

It comes in handy when I need to know the time when I'm watching the telly.

And I still haven't found that fecking driving licence.

Ho very hum.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 10 October 2015, 21:58.

Comment

'Morning

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          'Morning
          Morn-ding
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Any sausage rolls left? I'm peckish.

Comment

Morning!

Back from yesterdays' wedding capers (not mine, a mate's).

No wedding presents requested but it didn't feel right to go swinging my hands, so I made some apple & blueberry jam and some apple chutney. Got some lovely preserving jars from TK Maxx and nice packaging/wrapping paper.

Hope they like it.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Morning!

Back from yesterdays' wedding capers (not mine, a mate's).

No wedding presents requested but it didn't feel right to go swinging my hands, so I made some apple & blueberry jam and some apple chutney. Got some lovely preserving jars from TK Maxx and nice packaging/wrapping paper.

Hope they like it.
                If they know your line of work then they will expect a fat wad of £20's to be in the wrapping too, you can't let the side down and weaken the richer than Croesus image as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  If they know your line of work then they will expect a fat wad of £20's to be in the wrapping too, you can't let the side down and weaken the richer than Croesus image as well.
                  They've been together for ages, so they didn't need anything.

The jars looked expensive though, if that's any good...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning Afternoon all.

Cleaning frenzy in progress.

Roast lamb for lunch.

Followed by

rice pud.

With some stewed pears to spice it up a bit.

Nothing if not predictable, that's me.

Comment

And very nice it was too, though I had to nuke the rice pud since it hadn't had long enough in the oven.

The pears were nice and soft too, having been stewed for an hour or so (brought to the boil for 3 mins, standing for an hour & brought to the boil again).

We shall see if I'm tulipting through the eye of a needle tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X