• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO:- Davehh

Davehh - Thanks for the response.

I apologise for being so sceptical.

To be honest I am just glad to be (hopefully assuming they file the accounts!) pretty much out the other side of this all now so I will probably not chase this up any further. Their ludicrous fees are a learning experience and hopefully I will be able to chase down the £350 they also owe me for fines and interest from HMRC. If not then I can add that to the education it has been.

I have learnt a lot more about Nyiri, Summers and other directors of all of the companies involved than I ever wanted to know. Some of their home numbers by the way are freely available on the web if you look carefully enough.

Davehh - Sorry if I sounded abrupt earlier in the thread. I initially thought you were an employee or director of one of these firms trying to rile us.

Good luck to all in getting their money back. I will keep an eye on this thread and hope it all gets sorted.

Comment

Bradbury & Co New Address

Does anyone know if the new Bradbury Address at 16 Shearway Business Park Folkestone Kent CT19 4RK is occupied by workers of Bradbury or is it purely a Secretariat Service?

In addition has anyone during the last 2 weeks received any partnership accounts and subsequently received retained mo

Biggles I have lookedk for the telephone numbers of the people you mentioned but have hit a brick wall. Any assistance you can provide is much appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Is new address valid?

Is Bradbury's new address valid? Am filing a small claims action to recover funds owing. Am using the HMRC online service Moneyclaim and when prompted for the address of Bradbury I enter the new address (16 shearway business park, Folkestone, kent CT14 9RK) and the lookup facility to validate this does not recognise it!!

Any ideas?

Comment

Where's The Money?

This seems to be on everyone's mind.
          31st January 2010 looms?

As partners
          1 every contractor sent their timesheet to the "billing co" ( another cost!)
          2 the Billing co (Willowmeade Reed Morgan etc) raised invoice on behalf of the appropriate partnership to the Agency whch then paid the funds into the partnership bank account.
          3. These accounts are meant to be operated by the acting partner or the appointed "partnership administrator". The favourite for this was "richard jellard" who may or may not be a real person whom failing someone else . I have seen Darren Green but Mr Green seems to like staying in the background. Andrew Nyiri was in Switzerland etc a lot so he was not conveniently located. It must be someone who is in Bath or Bristol mostly.
          4 The accounts set up were not designated to the bank as being "clients accounts " so that whoever was operating them could just treat them like a normal business account. In normal terms where partners tax is retained or reserved it should be in a separate deposit account or at least a n other place from the partnership's operating costs account . It does not appear to have been done.
          5 The forecasts that were done for the partners were hopelessly optimistic given the commissions and salaries costs that salesmen at Sunday Solutions, were being paid and the overheads. The money kept them afloat but then the tax bills had to be paid in January 2009. It is possible that money was being moved without the knowledge of the partners by the "partnership administrators" for purposes that may or may not have been proper. Certainly when it came to many partners tax being due to be paid for 2007-08 and 2008-09 instalments Bradbury had great difficulty getting our money out of these Barclays Bank Stoke Gifford accounts. So where was it and who moved it? Could the Sunday Solutions model have been an inadvertant homage to Mr B Madoff?
          6 So the partnership costs have had to be looked at and our bold promoters must have said that these individuals have no idea lets give them an extra charge . So they got a man to work out a formula and plan a scheme to soak out of the partners more costs to cover their overrun for 2007-08.
          7. Then they amended the partnership expenses regarding fees for 2007-08 accroos the partnerships but they did not tell any of the partners what they had done or issue amended partnership accounts for 2007-08.
          8 Some people got their 2007-8 tax returns amended by Bradbury & Co. But Mr Nyiri would not let the people making the adjustments say how this was achieved. Nobody received amended profit statements for 2007-8 so far as is known.
          9 It says in the partnership deeds that I have seen ( several both TSSPS and named partnerships) that the accounts are to be audited for each partnership. Who has a copy of the audited 2007-08 accounts for any partnership? Who audited them? Nyiri is not authorised nor is Bradbury.
          Did the 2008 accounts get reissued after the increase in fees?
          Only the partners in each partnership can tell. Have HMRC received amended partnership tax returns for 2007-08
          10. Has anyone seen a set of partnership accounts for the whole partnership that they were in for 2008-09? Will they? All that Bradbury are offering us for 2008-09 is a very summarised statement of your own income and the expenses. How do we know what they produce is correct? They won't talk to us so how do we know?
          11 Has anyone got a breakdown of their fees and reasons why they are so much more than the forecasts issued? All the more reason to get a real professional qualified accountant looking at this I would suggest.
          12 If you did not get sold professional insurance for possible tax enquiries i suggest that you look into this . Sunday Solutions arrangements are bound to have attracted HMRC's interest even before contractors stated to make complaints. Unfortunately (we) all joined these schemes voluntarily so can't complain about being forced into it. The choice was made.
          13 As someone else said on this board elsewhere these guys move on . So it went from Sunday with TSSP and the funny names now Mark Willis who was at Close resources.. These people have written to current contractors say they are outsourcing the tax returns for current contractors to an unnamed firm of chartered accountants. They have not said who these people are or why any one should expect them to provide a better service? What they also don't say is that it should be each partner's decision how and why s/he arranges her/his tax affairs. each person should be allowed to choose how he gets that service as he does with the resrt of his/her business.
          14. The only useful bit is that Mr Nyiri did write to partners a loooonnng time ago in February saying that any interest surcharges and penalties charged by HMRC caused by Sunday or Bradbury would be paid for by them.
          15 if someone or some persons not appointed by the partners was operating the business bank accounts at stoke Gifford Barclays is that not a possible cause that the Bank has allowed the partners in many partnerships to be prejudiced..............

now then! where's me money then?
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 November 2009, 16:58. Reason: mis spelled

Comment

Hi davehh, looks like me and some friends need your help

Are you for hire?
            If so please do contact me.

Comment

Would you really hire someone who can't spell? Be careful, it is possible to throw good money after bad. Wouldn't it be ironic if you were going to give those people even more money? Is that scenario a possibility? Anyone can post anything on the web can't they?

I really wonder about this. I'm just glad I haven't been gullible enough to go with one of these schemes.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Contacting the police?

Hi guys,

I called HMRC again today with a clearer mind now I am aware of the greater picture (a blurry awareness, but a better understanding of how big the picture is).

The only bits of advice they could give me, other than pay up, was to contact the police. I asked which department... "Umm... fraud maybe?" ... which county/town ... "Umm... dunno".

Has anyone actually contacted the police yet? If so, do we have a contact name, department, case number or anything to save repeating the story again and again?

They also suggested I contact The Institute of Chartered Accountants. Anyone think this is worth the effort?

Had anyone had their tax payments settled by Bradbury recently? How were you contacted with the accounts - email or post?

On advice from HMRC, I have had Bradbury removed as my representatives at HRMC. Apparently this means they can still submit payments for me, but cannot access any information and any overpayment will not be returned to them. Maybe worth everyone doing that to prevent further fraud, if this is what it is.

Cheers
                Danvito
                Last edited by danvito; 10 November 2009, 12:16.

Comment

Police Contact

The contact I was given for the police by Trading Standards was:

DC Alastair Quinn (Avon and Somerset Police)

email: removed for privacy. sp

Comment

Lack of contact

When is the last time any of you had any correspondence with Bradbury?

Comment

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
                      When is the last time any of you had any correspondence with Bradbury?
                      Last I heard was Oct 22 @ 3:13am (Australian time, so minus about 10 hours from that). Needless to day I didn't get the promised "fully reconciled accounts ... by lunch-time on Friday".

Up to this point I had an email from Claire on a daily basis advising I was her top priority and she wasn't going to let the ball drop. Oops. She did.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Bradbury and Co <[email protected]> wrote:
                      > Hi Daniel,
                      >
                      > I thought you would like to know we have actually made some fairly good
                      > progress today in ensuring your whole partnership reconciles, we are hoping
                      > to complete your partnership tomorrow morning before getting it signed off
                      > in the afternoon, I would therefore hope to have your fully reconciled
                      > accounts to you by lunch-time on Friday.
                      >
                      > I am sorry this whole process has taken so long, I will send you any
                      > additional updates as I am aware of them.
                      >
                      > Kind regards,
                      >
                      > Claire
                      >

Comment

Working...
                      X