• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More evidence of global warming.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see our Denierati have been consulting their house journal, the Daily Mail

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

The Met Office responds:-

An article by David Rose appears today in the Mail on Sunday under the title: ‘Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released… and here is the chart to prove it’
    It is the second article Mr Rose has written which contains some misleading information, after he wrote an article earlier this year on the same theme –...
    Unqualified ex - TV weathermen and less than scrupulous DM ‘science journalists’, the beat goes on ….
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Sheesh

he'll be having a go at Dr Judith Curry next

some interesting comments here
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wrong again. I've made clear my respect for Dr Curry several times here. Earlier this year she summarised her position...

The climate is always changing. Climate is currently changing because of a combination of natural and human induced effects. The natural effects include variations of the sun, volcanic eruptions, and oscillations of the ocean. The human induced effects include the greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, pollution aerosols, and land use changes. The key scientific issue is determining how much of the climate change is associated with humans. This is not a simple thing to determine. The most recent IPCC assessment report states: “Most [50%] of the warming in the latter half of the 20th century is very likely [>90%] due to the observed increase in greenhouse gas concentrations.” There is certainly some contribution from the greenhouse gases, but whether it is currently a dominant factor or will be a dominant factor in the next century, is a topic under active debate, and I don’t think the high confidence level [>90%] is warranted given the uncertainties.
        I disagree over her assessment of the IPPC certainty estimate, but other than that there's nothing there that I would challenge; she is certainly in agreement with the overwhelming majority of her fellow climate scientists that AGW is a reality.

Source.

Comment

She is very vocal on the facts that the IPCC is rubbish, climate scientists spin more than jimmy savilles turntable and the hype is very damaging to the science itself.
          She agrees with sceptics that co2 warms the planet by 1.2 degree a century and that mankinds 4% contibution warms the planet by 4% of that.
          She does not agree with any of the alarmists baloney

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

She agrees with sceptics that co2 warms the planet by 1.2 degree a century and that mankinds 4% contibution warms the planet by 4% of that.
            She certainly would not agree with that, as it is weapons grade BS.

The manmade flux may be a small compared to natural carbon budget, the whole point is that it pushes the budget out of balance, and because CO2 has a residency measured in hundreds of years, that small precentage accumulates year on year so once we've released the carbon from the long term sinks the budget stays out of whack, CO2 is >35 % higher than it has been in a record going back several hundred thousand years

100% of the increase in CO2 in industrial times, and any consequential warming, is down to us - we've been fortunate that the natural sinks - mainly the oceans - have absorbed about half of our output.

Comment

Curry: 'Once an apocalyptic prediction gets made, the whole thing becomes polarized, with one group preaching apocalypse and the other group dismissing it'

she dismisses it
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

BTW, question for those of quoting from flagship sceptic site WattsUpWithThat, anyone know why the very vocal poster 'Smokey', who always seemed to get more than a fair crack of the whip from the mods, is so quiet these days?

And we haven't heard much from the moderator 'dbs' (Dave db Stealey) much either. Very strange.

Or is it?

Smokey - Gravatar Profile
                Smokey « WordPress.com Forums

A site where the posters sockpuppet for the mods? The beat goes on

Who knows, maybe all the posters are actually moderators...

Comment

I think we all know which side the integrity is on in this debate.

the science is NOT settled and the temperature of the planet will NOT rise by 6 degres c by 2100

or have you forgotten the OP ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    I see our Denierati have been consulting their house journal, the Daily Mail

Unqualified ex - TV weathermen and less than scrupulous DM ‘science journalists’, the beat goes on ….
                    I, for one, welcome our new authoritarian climatic deluded religious overlords.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

let me know if you want to buy a house on eu mainland .. you know to escape the floods... i have a property agency.

Comment

Working...
                      X