• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Has anyone heard from Suity?
    Here mate, wassup I'll fella? Dry those eyes. I know, there there ole chum, suity's here.

Daft sod missed me.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

One of their ideas...

"They're putting all their effort into deleting posts that criticise the IT Director, etc. as they 'do not comply with house ..."

by meandyou on Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 16:35:58
      Now deleted of course.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Email from them now, including a link to a page of apology on their website. A bit unfortunate that they've left all the standard bits on there:

Credit is due for saving the screenshots for posterity

This is getting into bank run territory...
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

NatWest sacked 1,800 highly-trained UK staff, the last having left a few weeks ago. NatWest now has virtually no staff who understand how its banking systems work in the UK or employed by it. All the 'work' and 'testing' is now carried out by 800 'contractors' in India. The replacements have demonstrated they do not have a clue what they are doing.

Who, out of the senior management who signed this off, who thought 'IT is not at the heart of what we do, let's outsource it', who decided 'these guys in India know what they are doing' is going to take responsibility for this fiasco?

If you're a customer, these are the two questions you need answered next week:

1. Are you going bring the design and maintenance of your IT infrastructure back to the UK and under your control?

2. Has Susan Allen, Director, Change and Business Services, responsible for 'Transformation Programme across the Retail Division encompassing all channels and functions. Establish Lean capability. Ensure services provided by Business Services (IT, Ops, Property) support delivery of the objectives of the RBS UK Retail, Wealth and Ulster businesses' resigned yet?

If the answer to either question is no, move your accounts to another bank next week. If you can, if the systems are working again before the next IT disaster.

PS The problem was caused by a botched 'upgrade' to the CA7 batch scheduling suite and the loss of the schedule. There is, of course, no RBS employee left in the UK who understands this any longer.
          NatWest: your questions answered | Money | The Observer

This was the posting I've found with the most insight. I worked at RBS GBM, and I don't doubt a word he says.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbarianAtTheDoor View Post

This was the posting I've found with the most insight. I worked at RBS GBM, and I don't doubt a word he says.
            All of my accounts are with natwest. Kids, joint, savings, business etc. I hope this is bollox.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbarianAtTheDoor View Post

The mention of CA Unicenter set alarm bells ringing here. I haven't touched any Computer Associates products for many years but when I did they never solved bug reports, so you needed to know each product's "little foibles" and how to deal with them. That kind of knowledge is what gets lost when you get riid of the experienced folks.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                All of my accounts are with natwest. Kids, joint, savings, business etc. I hope this is bollox.
                All your accounts now belong to NatWest, sucker!

Comment

RBS used to hire big in Edinburgh, now nothing really, never had even a bite at one of their roles, never seen one advertised. When they shifted all the other financials shifted in that area not long after. Sad really.

Comment

Have they fixed it yet?

Comment

Well at 08:32, I get "Service is unavailable" after I log in - so possibly not quite

How will I get my £7.33 out of them and move it to the mattress?

Comment

Working...
                      X